Thread: Blue.

Blue.

Well I got some more time yesterday to do what I wanted to do!!
    This piece will be the first in a series of carved and couloured hollow forms with gold accents. I haven't really come up with a name for them so as this ones blue that will do as a title for now!
    Its Sycamore under the decoration (lol) and its four inches tall and about the same width as height. The colour is all artists acrylic paint with the accents being gold gilt cream.
    I quite enjoyed the carving and surprisingly for me didn't even get too fed up with the hand sanding to finish the carved area!!!

C&C as ever welcomed.
    ) and its four inches tall and about the same width as height. The colour is all artists acrylic paint with the accents being gold gilt cream. I quite enjoyed the carving and surprisingly for me didn't even get too fed up with the hand sanding to finish the carved area!

Johnny,
    Both patterns are unique and both look great. My lack of proper artistic appreciation would have loved to see two forms each with one of the decoration this bowl shares. I think each is strong enough for its own canvas. Nice work.
    faust

Another great one, Johnny! Beautiful!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Johnny, That is really spectacular. Very unique and beautiful.
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Beautiful piece Johnny. Love the embellishment and color.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Johnny, I like what you have done, however in my opinion there is already enough going on where I think the blue distracts from the piece. I love the two textures and think they stand well without the added color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

I don't know exactly what to think about this. I have looked & looked. Both "sides" are interesting, but maybe I would like it more as two separate vessels? Maybe I'm getting old & stodgy? It is appealing and different. I will let it grow on me. Thanks for sharing this interestingly decorated vessel
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Thanks for the comments everyone I do need to make one that has the styling of the blue area all the way around as I think that would look nice but that's another turning for another day!