Thread: Powermatic 66 w/built in router table

Powermatic 66 w/built in router table

I have a Powermatic 66 (left tilt with that large black plastic shroud on the left end). I want to put a router table on the left end of this saw, but can't find an aftermarket product. I want to put it on the left end due to space configuration issues in my garage. Bench Dog makes a router table piece that attaches to cabinet saws, but not for the Powermatic 66 due to the shroud being in the way.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket product like this, or has anyone mounted a shop-built router table on the left end of a Powermatic 66?

i actually have a PM66 and also the whole benchdog router table setup. i just put that router table to the right, leveled it with the saw and secured it. works fantastic and breaks down easy if i ever need to move it

sascha

here's the link to what i did
    www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=13001

I added my router to the right side of the saw. It works out very well.
    I used an Incra LS table saw/ router fence system, Incra router lift & table tops from Woodpecker.
    You could use any fence, insert or tables.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"I want to put it on the left end due to space configuration issues in my garage."

Is there a way you could build a router table & leaving the cast wing on the saw mount it to the wing & use 2 legs to support the outboard end.

I think you could do the same as I did only leave the wing on. My Saw is a right tilt but I don't see why it wouldn't work for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Tom, maybe you can attach one to the extension that's already there. There just doesn't appear to be room for a router to hang with that shroud in the way. It'll add a bit of width, but looks like the only way to have it on the left.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosenberger
    I added my router to the right side of the saw. It works out very well.
    I used an Incra LS table saw/ router fence system, Incra router lift & table tops from Woodpecker.
    You could use any fence, insert or tables.
    Chris,

Did you use the side table that came with the saw? If so, did you beef it up for the router cutout? I've been thinking about doing that to mine.

thanks, Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stahl
    Chris,

Did you use the side table that came with the saw? If so, did you beef it up for the router cutout? I've been thinking about doing that to mine.

thanks, Pete
    No. I bought the side tables from Woodpecker. This saw is 40 years old & came with a steel side table. I would think you could mount a router insert in the OEM side table. As you stated, you would need to beef it up some.

Thanks Chris. How thick is the Woodpecker table? I do have a Woodpecker insert to put in there.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stahl
    Thanks Chris. How thick is the Woodpecker table? I do have a Woodpecker insert to put in there.

Pete
    Rete. The table is 1 1/8 thick. It is in 2 pieces since I have the 52" rip capacity.
    One table is 28 1/2" X 31" & the other is 28 1/2" X 21". I believe they may have a one piece table now. I did add some extra support under the larger table. I was afraid the weight of the router & lift would make it sag.

Chris,

Thanks again. Being the procrastinator I am not sure when I'll get to it but I'll probably beef up the one I have.

Pete