Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airflow increase from cannister filters

Yes, the sensor is a McRabbet unit. I've only opened the box far enough to get the instructions out but it certainly appears to be a well made unit.

Jim
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte Milanuk View Post
    I am kind of surprised to hear that your Wynn filter loads up so much even with a pre-separator in place. Are you running a drum sander or something similar that produces a lot of really fine 'flour'?
    I hook my random orbit sander up to it and I have a hose set up at my lathe to capture power sanding dust from that. I think something didn't quite work properly with my pre-separator and I'm debating whether I want to experiment with that some more or just give up and switch to a cyclone, which would also give me back some precious floor space. I have to admit, there's a certain degree of impatience to my comment that it's loading up too fast - my day job keeps me really busy and I'd much rather spend my shop time building stuff than cleaning filters. And to maintain the airflow I want, I really do have to keep on it. Your mileage may vary.