Thread: over lay help corel x5

over lay help corel x5

I am running Corel x5 and a 60 watt full spectrum laser with a direct print board . Most of what I do is straight type and burn stuff. SO, I've got a request I need a little help with.
    I have a symbol ying/yang. It is white and black as I am sure you know. I need to over lay a nursing symbol on the black section of the ying/yang. The nursing symbol needs to be white as it lays on the black section of the Ying'yang symbol but it extends over the edge of the ying'yang symbol hence needing to be black again on that small section. I sure it has to be layered, or inverted etc. but I can't seem to get it to burn correctly. Any Help?

I would use my smart fill tool to change the drawing to do what you want as shown in the example. Three or four clicks and you're finished.

Actually, you may be able to do it with one click of the smart fill tool. Just click on the portion outside the yin and yang and use a black fill.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Null; 10-17-2012 at 3:11 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Is this what you need?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Yes thanks for the help. You know, you just get a block sometimes. Thanks again.