Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: artwork redraws

artwork redraws

We got quite a lot of artwork, normally told 'this is the best we can get' case in point we have been asked to engrave some mechanics mats with logos of now de-funked british motor cycle companys. Vector artwork nowhere to be seen and we got this http://www.steadfastcycles.com/cart/..._image&pID=391

Normally our office girl gets the redraw job but it takes a while because she also deals with the sales paper work, phone calls and the like. We have thought about using a company to redraw stuff like this but it always seemed a little complex getting the process running. As it happens i got a random email the other day from a guy in India how offered to do this sort of thing, and I thought what the , email him the link & see what he said. He quoted me £1.70 ($2.50 for my US cousins) straight away, (15 seconds!) with the price. Wanted paying via paypal, and as we have some money in our paypal account I paid him the money, really just curious to see what i got back in return. We got this back, i was impressed with the results, it would have taken me 30mins to do this. I know i should really try and find a local company but i cant say no to silly prices like this, what do you guys do in these situations?Vincent (3).cdr
    Last edited by Mike Null; 10-23-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

Can you forward this guys email? That's cheaper than a skinny Americano, no dairy .... tea and crumpets for you Brits!
    Daniel Wolanski
    President / Mag-Knight Die Cutting

FAL-F90120S, two heads, 100W each (Lasercut 5.3)
    Copam 3050 vinyl cutter
    US Cutter MH871
    Associated Pacific Machine (APM) 30, 60 & 80 Ton Presses
    DeltaCad
    Corel X4 / X6

I like to use the international currency of the BigMac, you can pretty much compare prices all round the world with one standard item, a BigMac is £2.97 here, not bad for a fine and tasty burger. I will pm you he's email, he probably makes an ok living with his pc sitting in Delhi, wonder what a bugger costs there. We use vector magic quite a bit for this type of thing but when the artwork is poor it really needs re-drawing and thats a bit of a skill in its self. I was just amazed at price, might set me self up as redraw bureau and sub it out to this guy (joking of course)
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2

Could you PM me his address as well

Thanks,
    Bruce
    Hardware: Chinese Laser
    GWeike C1290 80 watt Reci laser
    Home built CNC, Joe's hybrid 4x4
    12" Delta Bandsaw, Jet Table Saw
    Router table, and more.
    Software: CorelDraw Suite 5x
    PhotoShop 7,

Wow He did a fantastic conversion and how can he do it for that price? I just paid a company to vector a jpg I just didn't have time to spend on and paid $18.00 US for 3 day service. File comes back; needs changes and tweaks; so IF you don't mind, I'd like his email address and to see what he can do.

Thanks a bunch,
    Vicki

We've been using a service in India for years. Typical turn around is about 12 hours and price is under $15. You have to be careful how they make the artwork. Sometimes it looks great but when you go to break down the image to do cutting and engraving, it can be pretty sloppy. Open paths, layering, and crazy use of stroke can be an issue. The good thing is they fix it if you ask them to but sometimes it takes a few tries. They also sometimes will substitute parts of the image for stuff they have in their library and the fonts don't always match up perfectly.

In the end, the service vs the price can't be beat.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Matthew, could you also send me his email address.

Thanks in advance.
    Ernie Martinez
    Ocala Florida
    Epilog Mini 24 50W
    Windows 7 Corel X6, PhotoLaser +v9
    Laguna IQ CNC Router
    Vectric Vcarve Pro
    Smithy Granite 1324 Mill/Drill/Lathe
    Grizzly GO621X Bandsaw

Hi
    Another request for PM
    Shenhui laser 60W, corel Draw X5.

pm me also please.......thank you !

Heck, can you simply post his email address here?
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Matthew

You may post a link to his web site if you care to.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I'm not sure if this is the same place he used but it sounds like it we are going to try them out today i think. http://nittanycreative.com/ We received a gif file from a customer says it all they have bllah blah blah. These guys quoted us at 12 bucks. I told the boss to go for it even if it comes back looking like --- we have wasted more then 12 bucks on more rediculous things
    Last edited by Mike Null; 10-24-2012 at 9:19 AM.

Smile quite impressive art redraws

ART WORK REDRAW Portfolio.jpg

tn_bwsamples.jpgtn_colorsamples.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Rivrud View Post
    Wow He did a fantastic conversion and how can he do it for that price? I just paid a company to vector a jpg I just didn't have time to spend on and paid $18.00 US for 3 day service. File comes back; needs changes and tweaks; so IF you don't mind, I'd like his email address and to see what he can do.

Thanks a bunch,
    Vicki
    Well I submitted a possible project to John after receiving his email via PM. The price was $25.00 and was told it would take 7 hours to redraw. Not really too much I told him his prices were comparable to what I am being charged now. The post lead me to believe otherwise, I think. Now I'm not sure if I read the post incorrectly or the currency conversion is off but it was more than I had expected in comparison to the service I currently use. Yes I have to have some redos but if I use their system correctly there is no charge for a rework/redo unless I requested it incorrectly.

John has been very persuasive! He does not have a website and as he calls himself a self worker. After reviewing his portfolio that he sent to me I am quite impressed and can see why he takes so much time to perfect his art files.

Here is his email:
    Hi Vicki,
    I do not have a website. i am a self worker. i have work at home.

Here is my updated samples. please post this samples and my email your friends.

Thanks for your this assist.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,
    John
    Graphic Designer
    johnmoses210@gmail.com
    Last edited by Vicki Rivrud; 10-24-2012 at 5:08 PM. Reason: add John's portfolio photos

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Matthew

You may post a link to his web site if you care to.
    can an email address be posted if I have permission??

I guess it depends what you want, if it was 7 hours work then $25 is still cheap, you can get an ok job from corel trace, i use vector magic and it does a better job and is fine for most things, but the example i showed was a real world job, no chance of tracing it, and it was being vector engraved at over 300mm in size. I suspect the result you would have got would have been perfect but as you say its not what you needed. Maybe work with him, tell him what you expect and show him your results. Post the graphic up and let us see what a 7 hour job looks like, im curious to see,
    I had 2 logos done by him (simple ones) logos straight of google images and the results where perfect, bill was tiny, maybe i got lucky, anyone else have feedback?
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2