Thread: Beall Buff System and ROS

Beall Buff System and ROS

I just bought the Beall Buff System 5 days ago and have used it a few times. All I can say is .... "WOW!!"! This system gives me the type of glassy smooth finish I have trying to achieve in vain by other methods. I am using it on a slow speed grinder as suggested.

The shortcoming of using the grinder is the relativley small surface area of application it renders. I am wondering if this system would work with some buffing pads placed on an ROS. The ROS may not have a sufficiently high rpm to do it justice, but would make it easier to cover larger areas. Wonder how easy it would be to adequately charge the pads. Anyone try this or something similar?

Check out woodshopdemos.com. I think John has several applications using the system with ROS, specifically the Rotex.

Glen,

Consider using your ROS with a Scotch 3M pad and paste wax to buff larger surfaces. This is how I finish plaques for engraving, its cheap, real quick and will provide an awesome finish.

Do a search for a thread I made last year concerning finishing plaques with your ROS. BTW this also works great on your Corian counter tops.

Glen you are not so excited about it that you will start using it on somebody's teeth I hope.
    Work safe, have fun, enjoy the sport.
    Remember that a guy never has to come down out of the clouds if he keeps filling the valleys with peaks. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stube
    Glen you are not so excited about it that you will start using it on somebody's teeth I hope.
    Hmmmm.........Let's see...........Hmmmmmmmm. No - won't work. Tripoloi does not come in flavors.

Glen,

Try this link for some useful info.

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/rjig-7.htm

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mann
    Check out woodshopdemos.com. I think John has several applications using the system with ROS, specifically the Rotex.

I can confirm that the Beall system works very well with the 6" Rotex.