Thread: Importing a laser from China

Importing a laser from China

Hey Guys

I've just about decided that I'll be getting my laser from China, but I'm having all kinds of fun trying to find out info on getting it imported.

I've tracked down a few people but the quotes are all over the place. My highest quote is darn near double my lowest one. I'm well aware of what you get when you go with the cheapest, but I'm hoping for some guidance from some of you that have imported a laser from China to the USA.

Thanks

Walt, I have purchased two chinese lasers. The first one was Ok, but the second one I ordered from GWeike and it is really well built and the tech suport has been as good as can be expected. Both were quoted within 10% of each other.

Bruce
    Hardware: Chinese Laser
    GWeike C1290 80 watt Reci laser
    Home built CNC, Joe's hybrid 4x4
    12" Delta Bandsaw, Jet Table Saw
    Router table, and more.
    Software: CorelDraw Suite 5x
    PhotoShop 7,

Sorry I wasn't very clear there. I'm having issues with freight companies / Importers Some people are telling it it only going to cost 5-6 hundred, others want 1-2K to get the laser here. I'm in contact with the Gweikie Rep and they have been very good, glad to hear the machines hold up as well.

Not to take anything away from this forum, but there is a Chinese Laser Support Forum, do a Google search. It has an entire section on importing lasers.

This forum also has several threads about importing Chinese lasers. A good place to start is Rodney's thread.

Bruce
    Hardware: Chinese Laser
    GWeike C1290 80 watt Reci laser
    Home built CNC, Joe's hybrid 4x4
    12" Delta Bandsaw, Jet Table Saw
    Router table, and more.
    Software: CorelDraw Suite 5x
    PhotoShop 7,

Yes, check Rodne's threads he has been very helpful in this. Remember it's not only getting it stateside but it has to go through customs
    which can take a while. I look forward to you posts as you progress through the process and get your project up and running!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Thanks guys! Yeah I've spoke with Rodney, he's been very helpful. I've just about got things figured, now I'm waiting on Kickstarter to collect and release my $