I wanted to incorporate an Oneida Super Dust Deputy into my system but also wanted to reduce the footprint. I disassembled the DC, and rotated the blower 90 degrees. This required a transition piece that my welder buddy made from scrap 1/8" steel. You could use hose as well, but the spool piece is skookum.

spool.jpgspool2.jpg

The large duct between the blower and ring is no longer required.

duct.jpg

I built a support structure and screwed it to the wall. Here is the unit assembled.

assembled.jpg

The black support rod for the ring was now too short to reach the floor. I just drilled two holes through the rod and screwed it to the wooden support structure. The end is kinda just hanging there and I might fabricate a more elegant solution later.

In this configuration, you need to lift the barrel up to the lid, so I made a crude little cart with a lever system. A wedge keeps it tight against the lid and takes the weight. To dump the barrel, pop out the wedge drop the barrel and wheel away. Reverse for reinstallation.

dolly.jpg

Of course, for a taller barrel, the entire assembly would have to be higher. No doubt this would be desired by those who plane a lot of lumber. It would be easy to just lift the blower/Deputy assembly and use hose between that and the filter ring, but more floor space would be required and I didn't want to give up the space where the computer and stereo are now. I will just dump the barrel more often.

I cut a hole and glued on some lexan so that I can peek inside to see when the barrel is getting full. A small LED flashlight helps with this.

This system works great. Hardly any dust makes it into the bag, and suction is very robust. Very happy.