Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Church Podium/Lectern

I really like this Dave. Any suggestions on construction, wood types, etc?

Well, since you have oak in the church, I would use that as the primary wood. I was thinking about some sort of accent wood and wondering about purpleheart.

Do you like the newest version with the sort of I-beam pedestal?

Yes I do. That might help with weight as well, dont you think? How would you use the purple heart accents? That's a good thought. Also, I might have missed a private message from you. I saw the notice but I didn't receive the content.

Todd, here is the latest sketch. I've made the top wider as per our conversation and opened up the base

As you can see, I've hinged the lid. Although I doubt it'll get opened very often with the pulpit bible on top, I had two reasons for doing so. First was to make it easier to assemble the the top onto the pedestal. The other reason is so that it'll be easier to clean in there.

And here is a view with the accents added.

Most of the joinery and other detailing is complete but I'll wait for your go ahead to finish it up.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 11-11-2012 at 9:35 AM.

I just never imagined I would be able to get such valuable input from my initial request. I can't tell you how grateful I am. I really do like what you have done. I just can't say thank you enough!

Todd, I'm glad you like it. I don't know how valuable it really is. It may only be worth what you're paying for it.

I have the plans finished but I need an e-mail address so I can send you the PDF file. If you could call me or send me a PM, I'll get your e-mail address that way.

E-mail sent. I hope it gets through.

FYI, I asked a very similar question a few years ago. This thread has a lot of great advice (and the pics of my finished project)

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...eted-with-pics