Thread: about to order Oneida Super Dust Deputy - any coupons out there?

about to order Oneida Super Dust Deputy - any coupons out there?

about to order Oneida Super Dust Deputy - any coupons out there?

No coupons. If you work with a salesperson and ask for a discount you might get one. He also said they tend to discount the dust deputy stuff around Black Friday. So far I am happy with my super dust deputy.

Do you have any pics or a description of your setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Welte View Post
    No coupons. If you work with a salesperson and ask for a discount you might get one. He also said they tend to discount the dust deputy stuff around Black Friday. So far I am happy with my super dust deputy.
    any pics or a description of your setup

I have it hooked to a HF 2 HP collector with a Wynn filter. I ordered the adapters from Oneida as they are able to crimp the ends at the factory to get them to work. The top adapter is a 6" to 5" and I have a 5" hose going to the HF. The intake is a 5" to 4" and I move it from tool to tool. The 6" side on the 6-5 adapter and 5" side on 5-4 adapter are crimped. I mounted it on top of a 55 gallon fiber drum. I hope to never fill it completely as there will be no way for me to move it. One day I hope to hard pipe HF on top but that will take a custom stand to get it up that high. If I had to do it again I would have just gotten a Grizzly dust collector as it has a 6" intake and moves a lot more air. I may still do that and sell the HF. Hope this helps.
    2012-11-14 19.15.18.jpg
    Last edited by Mark Welte; 11-14-2012 at 9:35 PM.

Hello Mark,

On an unrelated subject, how do you like your PC drill press? Am considering picking one up after not finding something on CL for six months...

Thanks,
    C

So far it has worked OK. It doesn't get a bunch of use and most of it's work has been on metal. The table can be a pain as it does not have holes that go through to the bottom so I have a heck of a time trying to get the vise locked down. I need to machine a couple of bolts to fit but haven't gotten around to it yet. I also have a Woodpeckers base that I need to install but have not had much time lately.

We have a great big DP here at work so I am spoiled with it. I have slipped the belts and stalled the motor a couple of times on the Porter Cable where the big one would chew right through. Overall I would do it again given the price and the value. If I were going to mainly be working with metal I would get something bigger. But for wood I think it is great. I found a 10% coupon for Lowes so the price was nice too.

Thanks, glad to hear it. I'd be using wood primarily, and have had a hard time finding something that feels like a good band for the buck...

Cheers,
    Chris C.