Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: FWW's "Every Handplane Needs a Tuneup" - a video response

I have one, they're very nice knives. . .
    " Be willing to make mistakes in your basements, garages, apartments and palaces. I have made many. Your first attempts may be poor. They will not be futile. " - M.S. Bickford, Mouldings In Practice

As a moderator I try very hard not to use my position to flog the rules or my products. I rarely comment at any level on members home made tools when I make and sell something similar. I can't expect people to respect either the rules or me if there is even the slightest hint of inpropriety on my part. Thanks for the kind comments though.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

A rather hill billish (made up word) (reminds me of some comedian who described the Clintons as "the Hillory Billory billies!") visitor came into the musical instrument maker's shop,and loudly called"Hey,boy,how much are 'em home made violins"? I replied "this is no home!!" I did not try to use words like "custom made" on him,but I also had invented a word "cussed and made" to suit recalcitrant instruments!! "Bespoke" was completely out of the question!!

Had I made an instrument for him,the label might have read "Fetched up" rather than "Fecit".
    Last edited by george wilson; 12-12-2012 at 9:07 AM.