Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: A very uncommon project....

Thnx for sharing...Great shots!!
    Jerry

Wow...that cypress log is amazing!

Interestingly, this job site is just up the street from where Professor Dr. SWMBO grew up just on the other side of the beltway. Literally. I know exactly where you mean! I will be sure to put it on my list of places to visit when I'm hanging at "my office" just west of there in Fair Lakes from time to time. It sounds like it's going to be fantastic!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

3. Thanks for sharing!! That was really cool to see the process involved in milling such large timbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Wow...that cypress log is amazing!

Interestingly, this job site is just up the street from where Professor Dr. SWMBO grew up just on the other side of the beltway. Literally. I know exactly where you mean! I will be sure to put it on my list of places to visit when I'm hanging at "my office" just west of there in Fair Lakes from time to time. It sounds like it's going to be fantastic!
    It ought to be a very cool place. I'll update this post when I'm going to be in DC at a decent hour; hopefully we can have an SMC get-together at either the restaurant or bar.

looks as if the place is now open

Could these be the "pair"?

Ruhi, that's them! (along with the posts, joists and decking that we milled for the project).

David, it opened up last fall. Thus far I'm hearing good reports about the food.

Scott,

If I ate there, I would spend all my time looking at the wood and forget to order!

I'll be eating there soon menu looks a bit confining but well considered for bar food. I'll be @ Mike's American in Springfield tomorrow. Had I know it was open I would have chasnge venues............. just for decor LOL

Scott,
    Recon the MNG got pushed off...... Certainly was looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Scott T Smith View Post
    Ruhi, that's them! (along with the posts, joists and decking that we milled for the project).

David, it opened up last fall. Thus far I'm hearing good reports about the food.

Open Roads

Finally made it last night. Great place!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow...never saw this thread until now. A fantastic journey for some fine wood!! Thanks for showing it all to us, Scott, and thanks, David, for the 'final' pics!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by David Nelson1 View Post
    Finally made it last night. Great place!
    Very cool. Didja try the "I'm tight with the guy that suplied these timbers" free drink hustle? Just in case the rest of us stop by.........
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Very cool. Didja try the "I'm tight with the guy that suplied these timbers" free drink hustle? Just in case the rest of us stop by.........
    LOL No I didn't most of the folks only knew the wood came from NC because its on menu as fun facts. Most thought they where not real. Hollowed out or something.... I had to give em the look hahha

Pictures of the attached restaurant with a cigar lounge. Sorry the pictures suck, I don't really know how to use all the camera features on my tablet.
    Attached Images Attached Images