Thread: Happiness IS?...

Happiness IS?...

Just a quick post to share the JOY of a proper printer test on my Epson R1800 after a Sublimation Plugged Head a week before Sandy... Finally got it today.... Started with Magenta the burned through Black, Cyan, and Blue over the weeks between 3 printers at $166.00 per bag with Shipping.... Finally remembered a tip from Kevin from Johnson Plastic about spraying Simple Green into the Capping Station Sponge and letting it sleep overnight.... That did the trick.... Thanks KEVIN !!!

I have 5 R1800... 2 with blown seals between the colors now toast... 1 working and 2 in cleaning cycles.... #5 donated to me from a Member Here !!!!! Thanks !!!! Looks like it might clean nicely... Until then I posted a WTB on R1800's and off to eBay...

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

That is something to be happy about Nothing is worse than a clogged head on a printer. One tip I'd add, put the simple green in the microwave and heat it up before soaking the head. It helps. I've also heated up windex and that worked well too.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks Scott.... Warm Solution..... Must remember that.... Bummer is I need 3 more bags of ink soon.... The Logical thing to do would have been to remove the Sublimation System and install refillable carts with regular bulk ink and do all the cleaning with the CHEAP Stuff... But I had to be Thick Headed...

Something else I learned is if you use a syringe with a rubber cup on it to fit the Head Slot and you pull ALL the Ink.... IF you inject very slowly in one slot and the fluid comes up in 3 others then you have a blown head..... That was machine 2.... Machine 1 loosing the Megenta.... Was getting Magenta inside the YELLOW Damper when I injected the Magenta.... Removed all and same test inject and the seal between Magenta and Yellow was blown.... Printer 3 no leaking to other heads.... 4 and 5 have not gotten that far yet...

All this DRAMA over INK....

Thanks !!!!

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

The "Happiness" is short lived... On a different front.... I do Epoxy Dome on FRP Tags. In February I switched from the 7122 to the new thicker 7170 as I liked the higher Dome and feel. The "Happiness Lamp" was extinguished yesterday as I found out every single tag I have done with the new epoxy is Warping when it gets cold... First pictures from a Salesman last week and I thought it was a isolated problem until I found a tag from another order that was fine "Before Sandy" and after the power and Heat Out for 6 days it was exposed to cold and WARPED.... Epoxy Side Out Underside 4 corners bent to underside center.... Bummer.... 1.75 Gallons worth of Tags... Everything since February....

Pulled up the Big Boy Pants and have started re printing all the tags... Did not do my Due Diligence with the new Epoxy... Older tags done with the 7122 stored with the Warped 7177 Tags are fine.... I still have a GREAT Product....

No luck with a Buy One Gallon get one Free from the Supplier... I had to ask...

Back to work...

AL

Blog Entries
    Al,

You're saying completed tags done with the thicker stuff still warped when they were stored in cold conditions? I can see temp extremes killing the liquid, but not domes that are done...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Yes, Completed and Shipped Domes... on FRP..... The old stuff does not warp.... I have 3 tags sitting in my snow bank... 2 older and no warping.... Hundreds of tags....

AL

Al, that's an easy one!

(ring/ring......ring/ring.......ring/ring)

Al : Digital Woodshop, how may I help you?

Customer : Yes, I bought some tags from you and they are all curved.

Al : I apologize for that. You must have gotten our new Parabolic Tags by mistake. That's our new high end line with a Parabolic Curve built into them. It's our anti-glare system. Since it's curved, the light reflects differently off the face, reducing glare and thus reducing errors caused by glare on sunny days. Someone must have made the premium product instead of the less expensive, basic line. We can take those Premium tags back and make some of the cheaper ones for you, or, if you'd like to keep the Parabolic Tags, we'll take the hit on that and you can keep them.

Customer : Oh, I didn't know there was a high end tag. We'll keep these if that's okay

Al : Thanks for calling, have a great day!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

That brought a Serious Laugh to my day... Thanks !!!!

My Canadian Customer has been getting tags for 4 years and said He did notice the last batch of new guy tags did warp but it was nothing to write home about....

At least all my customers have functional tags so the change out will be seamless... Even if it takes a while...

Thanks for making my day.... The Glass half FULL....

O' the Good thinner Epoxy is 7155 not 7122... Have a Gallon on order...

I have a Paint Pot and a stainless covered Dishwasher Hose and a LP Air gun that works really GREAT to do the Doming. Was using the black syringe and a mustard pump. Less air bubbles and really quick.

AL