Thread: Looking for unusual Jewelry Box plans.

Looking for unusual Jewelry Box plans.

Don't know if this is the right part of the forum to post this question, but figured someone might know the answer to this question.

I am looking to make a Jewelry Box and want to add some special features to it.

1. Part of it will hold Jewelry

2. Part of it will contain a Music Movement,

3. The last part will hold 4 to 6 Perfume Atomizers made out of various species of wood that I will turn on the Lathe.

4. I was thinking of lining it with that spray on felt material. I have seen it once, not sure what it is called.

5. The inside portion of the lid will have a mirror glued in place.

6. Unndecided on what to use for the hardware. brass, chrome, or satin Nickle.

Anyone know of plans for something like this and suggestions on what to add to or make it better ?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martin View Post
    4. I was thinking of lining it with that spray on felt material. I have seen it once, not sure what it is called.
    Flocking?

The only thing to add would be a secret compartment.

I think that you are trying to do too many things to one item. I can envision that you could do a one or two of the items to a jewelry box. But to do all of those items on your list, I would make several different models for buyers to choose from.

As far as plans go, I would take an existing jewelry box plan and add your special features to it. I doubt that you will find plans with all these features.
    Laser - Universal PLS 6.60; CNC Router - Gerber 408
    Corel 9 & Corel X2
    Hollow Woodworks

If you want unusual, how about something like this

FULL1.jpg
    I designed this as a music box, but with a few modifications it could serve as a music/jewelry box. Definitely not a weekend project. I have a construction manual on my website. If you're interested drop me a PM and I'll send you a link.
    "A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths."
    -Steven Wright.