Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Strasil?

Harry Strasil?

I haven't seen any activity from Mr. Strasil in quite some time. Is he OK, did I miss something?
    Thanks
    Bob Warfield

Bob...according to his profile, he logged in yesterday
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Bob, I'm glad you asked. I've been wondering myself. I always liked his down to earth solutions to our problems. Hopefully we see more of him.
    Paul

As a friend of Jr's I'll just state that I see regular emails from him (got one today) and talk with him once in a while by phone, and he was doing quite well last time we talked. As for why he doesn't do much posting here I'm not sure and wouldn't speculate.

I'll let him know that people here are thinking about him.
    "History is strewn with the wrecks of nations which have gained a little progressiveness at the cost of a great deal of hard manliness, and have thus prepared themselves for destruction as soon as the movements of the world gave a chance for it." -Walter Bagehot

Blog Entries
    He once mentioned having back pain that was very uncomfortable when sitting at the computer.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks Don for the notice about this thread. Jim hit the problem on the head with his post, and the screwy weather this past year has had the wife in and out of the hospital along with a nerve to her heart that went crazy and increased her heart rate to over 160 bpm. She spent a week in ICU at a heart hospital in Lincoln our state capital and then on the last day I shuttled her over to the Heart Institute Hospital where they Drs went by catheter and short circuited the nerve that went haywire. She has been getting along rather well except for breathing problems due to the weather (She has advanced COPD from over 20 yrs as a hairdresser and from living in California when she was first married and having pneumonia 6 times in a year and a half which scarred her bronchial tubes).

We don't get out much and I have been having problems from an ingrown toenail, the Dr removed the toenail and supposedly killed its ability to grow again, but I am having a problem with it healing up. And I am awaiting a new fangled back belt that you pump up and it's supposed to stretch the spine so it takes pressure off my 5 bulging or herniated discs.

Thanks to you all for your concern about us. Its greatly appreciated

Respectfully,
    Mr & Mrs Jr Strasil
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Mr. Strasil,
    Thanks soo much for responding. I have been useing the holdfasts you made for me and had been wondering what happened. I think I can speek for all of us here when I say we really miss your knowledge and experience and hope life is getting better for you and your wife.
    I'm only 60 but have already found out this ageing thing "ain't for sissys"

Take care and Merry Christmas
    Bob

Blog Entries
    I think I can speek for all of us here when I say we really miss your knowledge and experience and hope life is getting better for you and your wife.
    Amen to that.

I'm only 60 but have already found out this ageing thing "ain't for sissys"
    Another Amen

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Harry,I am glad to hear you are still o.k.. I have had problems with an ingrown toenail for many years. Somehow,lately,it has stopped being a problem and the toenail has grown beyond the area it was digging into. I hope you and your wife will continue to be as well as possible. I still get your emails,and will call soon.

Smile

Update on Jr. 2013 was a banner year for pain and hospital stays for both the wife and I. Wifey has had continuing problems with an elevated heart rate, from 150's to the 170's. She has had one procedure where they went in thru a leg artery and using a camera and a laser zapped (short circuited) a nerve ending. That worked for a year, January 29th, they implanted a pacemaker, that will hopefully end the problem, but there is a small part of the heart in the upper left chamber that they have determined that a person can live without and be better off as its where clots form. They are again going in thru a leg artery and are going to lariat the appedage and do what is called a Left Atrial Appendage Closure with Lariat. She is currently residing in a care center for Rehab until I get healed up from my recent 2/4 surgery on my back. It has taken this long, since 1/18/2006 to find a surgeon that told me after my exam (the same thing my Chiropractor told me after viewing my MRI and Cat Scan), and this one was recommended by my Chiropracter. It was supposed to be a 1.5 inch incision, but ended up being 6.0 inches long joining with the 6 inch scar from my first operation in 90. After he got in there it was much worse than the MRI showed and he ended up cleaning out the Stenosis and Artheritis mess form L2 thru L4 vertibrae and discs that were ruptured. This is the first time I have been able to walk with out being stooped forward and to the right since before the incident. I will have rehab for 2 to 4 months before I will be released from In Home Health Care and Therapy. My oldest Daugter and Hubby (taking care of dog and cats) and youngest grandchild, from Laurel, In. came back to be with me thru the Surgery and got paid for it taboot, as she did some training at the Kansas City office and then after my surgery for the rest of the week at the Omaha fascility. She has returned home and Second daughter is now here with her hubby on the "Dad Watch", then #3 daugher and her hubby with take over for awhile, then Dad will assume the Dad Watch. Currently I am under the BLT Rule, NO - Bending, Lifting (5 lb limit) and Absolutetly No TWISTING. SIL #2 moved things off the basement Workbench today so I can Utilize all the diamond sharpening stuff I have acquired. thru online specials from the WWing Co's. I inted to do my own THERAPY on several tool chests full of chisels and plane blades that are beginning to get a little dull from the past 7 or 8 years, +I have several saws to sharpen for a friend. I love the medical professions pain scale (on a scale of 1 to 10). It's almost unbelievable the relief going from a 20 or 30 to a 2 or 3, but, I will just have to live with it I guess LOL.

May the Force (SCARY SHARP) be with you ALWAYS , Lil Shaving. Have a good time making shavings, FRIENDS.

Oh yeah, I am glued back together.
    Jr.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!

I have given some serious thought to writing some more chapters of the Apprentice Journal if anyone is still interested!
    Jr.

Dang. I'll keep you and your wife in my prayers.

Harry, I've long appreciated your contributions to the creek.

Hang in there!

-Matt

Ps. Ever consider Tai Chi to strengthen reticular muscles?

And when you're done, a little Chai Tea will help you get to sleep.

250px-Yin_and_Yang.svg.png

Hope things continue to improve for you and your wife, Harry!
    I like your version of physical therapy, too!
    Paul

Heck yes, I'm interested in more chapters. Good to hear you are in good shape for the shape you're in. May you and your wife enjoy improving health in the new year.