Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Strasil?

Quote Originally Posted by harry strasil View Post
    I have given some serious thought to writing some more chapters of the Apprentice Journal if anyone is still interested!
    Please!

and Thank You
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Harry,I had spinal stenosis that started at the very inconvenient time of when we were refurbishing this house and getting moved in. A very painful time. We had the building for our shops built. My wife's business had to be gotten back into action. We painted the interior of the building and we laid the floor to her shop while I was having stenosis pretty bad. Then,she could get her business back in operation. After I had surgery and got back to moving around again,I went back and put baseboard moldings around her floor,and the trim around the openings to her storage areas and her door. Not a very convenient time indeed!! The surgery cured the stenosis,but most of my every day pain in my back comes from my sacrum,which was slipped many years ago,pinching nerves permanently.

Good luck to you and I hope you recover fully.

Harry, the "golden years" seem to have a lot of rust in them, or so I am finding out. Keep up the good fight. Sounds like the daughters are taking good care of dad; the are very special beings. Hope the best for you and the Mrs.

if you start writing again, you know a lot of us will love it.

Godspeed in the recovery of both you and your wife. Patrick

Harry, it's great to see you posting again. I hope that you and your wife's recoveries are both swift and complete. Like many others, I have missed your posts, especially the blacksmith related ones. I will watch for the new Apprentice Journal entries!

Scott

Hi Harry-good to hear some news of improvement on the pain situation and that things are looking up for both of you. I hope it continues to improve.

Please do continue writing your aprentice entries. I find them facsinating.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

I hope you heal quickly Harry. Just don't try to push too hard and mess things up.

As for the Apprentice, ABSOLUTELY YES!!!!
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Harry, it’s good to see you posting again. I hope both you and your wife’s health will continue to improve throughout the year.
    Getting old ain’t for sissies.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Here is hoping for a quick and successful recovery for you and the wife. You will be in my prayers.

I have given some serious thought to writing some more chapters of the Apprentice Journal if anyone is still interested!
    Add me to the list of the interested.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Harry,
    Glad to hear you are on the mend. As others have said, don't over do it. I hope both you and your wife continue to heal. I'm also interested in more chapters of your journal if you are up to it.
    Paul

Oh yeah, I am glued back together.
    That would be "hide" glue then?

Glad your to hear your pain levels are much more manageable now. I can't begin to imagine what a relief that would be. Hope things go well for your wife's lariat surgery too.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Oh JOY, That was a goodun Rob, I'm sure glad you are in top form down there in the the Hot Jungle area of Kansas.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Blog Entries
    Harry,

It's good to hear from you. Sounds like you're getting good support from your family. Wishing you well on the rehab.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Wishing you and your wife a speedy recovery.
    Lori K

Harry,
    Best wishes to you and your wife for a speedy and pain free recovery.

Yes, please.

I might even offer up good money for the stuff I should have learnt in shop class,
    had I paid attention. Open a "Go Fund Me" site. I'm good for a couple bucks and an e-copy.