Thread: Sketch Up and Win 8

Sketch Up and Win 8

Is anyone having trouble with Sketch Up 8 and Windows 8. I'm having trouble with the measurements box. It wont allow me to input my final numbers. Any ideas?

What do you mean it won't allow you to input your final numbers? Do you mean the Measurements box doesn't accept inputs? Can you actually see the Measurements box? Does it display anything when you are using a tool such as drawing a line or a rectangle? What sort of computer are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    What do you mean it won't allow you to input your final numbers? Do you mean the Measurements box doesn't accept inputs? Can you actually see the Measurements box? Does it display anything when you are using a tool such as drawing a line or a rectangle? What sort of computer are you using?
    Q1 yes
    Q2 yes
    Q3 yes I'm on a Sony Vaio. I got it to work once before with a reboot but........... not anymore.

hmmm....I'm checking with some sources. I'll let you know what I find out. Do you have the default Measurements box displayed or do you have the one from the Toolbars list showing?

Laptop? Numeric keypad or numbers across the top?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    hmmm....I'm checking with some sources. I'll let you know what I find out. Do you have the default Measurements box displayed or do you have the one from the Toolbars list showing?

Laptop? Numeric keypad or numbers across the top?
    I'm talking about the one in the lower right corner and I'm using the the number keys across the top. Didn't try the numbers lock feature.

ah.......................... Never mind, operator error. I was moving the mouse to the measurement pane and clicking on it. Its been a while since I last used SU. Thanks for the help! BTW I will say this has frustrated me for about a week on and off.
    Last edited by David Nelson1; 12-03-2012 at 9:45 AM.

I was going to ask if you were trying to click in the box but I figured you knew better. Glad it is sorted out.

Never figure always ask. Lesson I have learned the hard way.