Thread: Dust Collector Hose Flex Quick Clamp/ Which Ones?

Dust Collector Hose Flex Quick Clamp/ Which Ones?

Currently I am working on getting my duct collector system completed as some of you my know by some of my most recent posts.
    I am now looking to attach the flex hose to my machines. Some will be a more permanent mount and some will need a quick discount type clamp. What are your recommendations for both types of clamps?

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Blog Entries
    If you are just hooking up smaller machines with a 4" hose, I would recommend the DustRight system from Rockler. You mount a male fitting to the machine and the female end with a handle goes on the hose and one slips into the other, you don't clamp them each time. I have one hose that reaches the router table and a downdraft table, one that is for the DP, lunchbox planer and jointer and a third for the bandsaw and the 6" belt sander. Try to locate to keep the hose as short as possible. If you use the DustRight slinky(expandable) hose, it sucks down to only the length you are using. I got 2 pieces of the 2'-14' length, one I cut in half to use at 2 locations the other I left full length. With the handle, they work great to vac up your shop.

As far as clamps on the 5" and 6" hoses you can get the bridge type clamps, but they need to fit the corrugations of your specific hose, I found the bridge was bigger than the corrugations on the hose I got. The worm gear clamps from the BORG work just as well.

Last edited by Ole Anderson; 12-03-2012 at 7:46 PM.

For quick clamps, I like the double ones from Woodcraft. Less than eight bucks for two

Blog Entries
    I use the slip-fit for connections that get shared (my jointer and sander for example). The thread-on kind need no clamp but, make sure you hose spirals the right way to match. I use the wire-style clamps for permanent. Both of these items can be found at many suppliers for varying prices.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I am using the Dust Right as well - works slick. I have a older & small single hose collector, and the Dust Right connectors make moving it between machines manageable. I used a piece of hose I had on hand, and it works, but I know I am loosing some suction as a result, the slinky hose would be a improvement.

Jim

I use the slip fit, or bell, connectors like Glenn. Occasionally they come off on horizontal setups, but they are pretty universal with various brands of dust ports. The Rockler setup has better holding power, but being proprietary, can get expensive. Peachtree.com has good prices on this type stuff.

Rick Potter