Thread: New toys set up and tested

New toys set up and tested

I just got my new Incra I-box, box joint jig and Freud box joint blade set. Got them installed, setup and tested. Wow, what a game changer. At least for me anyway. I've struggled for years with shop built jigs and got the job done, but it was always such a hassle. Accuracy and longevity of the jig were never there for me. I purchased and used a jig for my router table, (not sure if I should mention brand names here). Again, it got the job done but was still not as good as I felt it should be. The backer plate is plastic and flexed resulting in slots that were not square bottomed. The runners on the bottom flexed and allowed the work piece to tilt forward. With the I-box there is non of that. The instructions are straight forward and easy to understand. Setup went off without a hitch and the very first set of pins and sockets were perfect. My only suggestion for Incra would be to beef up packaging a bit. My box arrived looking pretty good, but I found one of the slotted areas on the main unit was pushed in a bit and I had to pry it out in order to fasten it to the miter bar, no big deal. I can't wait to tear into this pile of tiger striped maple tomorrow. My turn around time for jewelry boxes and humidors just got shorter.DSC_0307.jpgDSC_0308.jpg
    Brad McCollum
    Mac Woodworks

Congratulations, I love mine and it worked spot on right out of the box, the setup is a snap.

Now you need to get the HingeCrafter and make some nice wood hinges, its a lot of fun and they look really great.