Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Well, another weekend has come and gone. It was a great weekend as far as the weather was concerned.

I Worked on the Hutch conversion project again Friday night, worked on the yard Saturday, had church friends over Saturday afternoon for a get together, relax cook hotdawgs over an open fire, cook up some smores and let the kids run around the yard, jump on the trampoline, swing on the swingset, swing on the big ol' tire swing we have near the treehouse, play in the treehouse and the adults got to eat, sit around and laugh at the kids and at each other. It was a great time.
    Sunday was church and then rest the afternoon and then early to bed so I could get some rest from the previous weeks long work hours, busy Saturday and Sunday morning.

It was a good weekend!!!!!

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

My wife was away from Friday - Sunday night for a "Stamp and Scrap Weekend" retreat. If you don't know what "scrapbooking" is, don't ask.........it's an illness(much like WW'ing, I suppose), so I had lots of quality time with the "kiddos"(Anders, 3 and Annika, 1). We had a ball.

Did get out to the shop Saturday afternoon while they were napping to chop two mortises on a maple bed I'm building. Went fine, except that I managed to impale my left hand just above the base of the thumb with a 1/4" chisel. The chisel went in about 1.25" or so........and boy did it bleed! It looks like something truly horrific took place in my shop! So, I had to wake the kids up and off we all went to the ER. Small chisel, so no stitches, but I got X-rays and apparently that chisel took a chunk of bone with it! So, now I'm on an antibiotic to prevent "Osteo-myelitis", whatever that is! At any rate, I guess my woodworking this weekend was unique.......I carved some bone! Haha.

My finger works fine, no pain, it's odd in that regard. Close call, could have been much worse.

Hope your weekend was better!

Best,
    Russell
    Russell Svenningsen
    Marshall, Minnesota

Took a 3 day wekend to work on the last exterior wall of the shop. (See details on the Coolmeadow Creations Shop Rehab thread, on page 2.) Got quite a bit done, but wanted to finish all the siding...just barely got started. But I'll finish it by this weekend then I can start the doors. Jim.

Since I was out of town for a couple days, I took Friday off. First thing in the morning I order my new jointer, then my daughter and I went over to my dad's and I installed some trim I had made for him and he welded hooks onto my tractor's loader bucket.

The rest of the weekend didn't exactly go as planned.. We were supposed to power wash the siding and deck in preparation for staining the deck. However, rain and 4-6" of very wet snow put a damper on that. I did sell my jointer on Saturday and Chris Damm came over to pick up the air conditioner I sold him and ended up helping us with the jointer as well (thanks Chris). Sunday I spent some time cleaning and going through some more stuff that I want to get rid of.

I spent the weekend cleaning tools, adjusting them and generally cleaning shop. I still didn't sweep the floor... OOPS!

I also picked up some lumber for the changing table that will be started tonight.

Finally I received 2 gloats.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Yet another eclectic weekend...lots of house cleaning to prepare for the 50th wedding anniversary party we're throwing for the 'rents next weekend for their northern friends and family (date was 7 December), got the corn gluten meal on the lawn (in the rain...) after getting a replacement part for the PTO spreader, reinstalled and rewired the ROPs mounted lights on the tractor (to be able to see at night when the loader is...um...loaded), installed the new sconces over the mantle in the great room (pic attached) and after a little shop cleanup, got a really good start on my spring shop improvement project...the air line system. Several hours and lots of solder splatters, most of it is installed.

I have one small assembly to connect in the north end of the shop to provide a special regulated outlet for spraying with my HVLP guns and a poke through the wall to the tractor garage bay for convenience. After that, I need to finish the last couple of feet in the closet, relocate (flip) the position of the compressor and the cyclone filter to provide access to the breaker panel somewhat closer to code and then do the final hookup. I suspect I will not get to all that until the weekend after next...oh, well!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have no projects going on in the shop right now as I'm preparing to build a deck. This weekend I staked out and subsequently redesigned the entire deck from the drawings I had done.

I decided to give the shop a good cleaning as a few things have gone missing. So, I made a couple more small clamp racks. While doing so, I needed a fence for my BS miter gauge. So, I made a nice adjustable one. I will probably make a scrap bin sometiime this week also. My helical cutterhead is due this week . So, I'll be continuing my shop maintenance.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Got back from Lost Wages late Friday evening.

Had a couple of folks request a viewing of our house, so out the door on Saturday for a good chunk of the day. Watched the race

Sunday, worked on some planes. I am currently restoring a #78 and #5 1/2. Maybe they'll be ready for public viewing this week.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

My wife worked this weekend (like usual), so both my days were spent chasing my Critter around the apartment. Too cold and windy to go outside much, although we did go out for our normal Saturday lunch at Arni's.

But in the evenings after she went to bed, I managed to carve the sign I am making for my uncle for his birthday. It's just a signature and a couple of coats of shellac away from being finished, then I'll post pics.

Blog Entries
    Had a busy day on Saturday clearing land for a new shop & house. First stage of the building project will be a 30 ft. X 50 ft. metal pole building with a 10 ft. X 50 ft. lean-to on one side. This building will have a small living area (600 sf. ft.) and the rest of the building (900 sq. ft.) will be the shop. We will be able to live in this while we build a small house in the future. We have about 7 acres on this tract and another 2.5 acres about 100 yards away. Lots of work to do. Yes, Jim Becker, I have an orange tractor with a front-end loader (Kubota L3400). I spent most of Saturday on this tractor and was really sore on Sunday (Just had triple by-pass surgery, March 2). When the doctor says you can start back driving, he is not talking about tractors.
    We did not have a digital camera with us Saturday. Took some pictures and will post when we get them developed.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    installed the new sconces over the mantle in the great room (pic attached) and after a little shop cleanup, got a really good start on my spring shop improvement project...the air line system. Several hours and lots of solder splatters, most of it is installed.
    Those lights look really good Jim!!! Nice job!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I love the lites Jim! I did very little besides a b'day party on Saturday, then napping on the couch on Sunday....REST!

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Svenningsen
    My wife was away from Friday - Sunday night for a "Stamp and Scrap Weekend" retreat. If you don't know what "scrapbooking" is, don't ask.........it's an illness(much like WW'ing, I suppose), so I had lots of quality time with the "kiddos"(Anders, 3 and Annika, 1). We had a ball.

Did get out to the shop Saturday afternoon while they were napping to chop two mortises on a maple bed I'm building. Went fine, except that I managed to impale my left hand just above the base of the thumb with a 1/4" chisel. The chisel went in about 1.25" or so........and boy did it bleed! It looks like something truly horrific took place in my shop! So, I had to wake the kids up and off we all went to the ER. Small chisel, so no stitches, but I got X-rays and apparently that chisel took a chunk of bone with it! So, now I'm on an antibiotic to prevent "Osteo-myelitis", whatever that is! At any rate, I guess my woodworking this weekend was unique.......I carved some bone! Haha.

My finger works fine, no pain, it's odd in that regard. Close call, could have been much worse.

Hope your weekend was better!

Best,
    Russell
    man that sounds painful
    hope you heal up
    kind regards
    lou

I fooled around trying to finish up my "finishing room". My shop has a main building and a little building off the side of the main building that I call my finishing room. Basically I moved a bunch of stuff around and added the white warehouse lights to suplement the fluorescent lighting. BTW, for those who wonder if I actually build anything, you can see part of the current project that is sort of naked at this time. When it is done I will show it to you all

lou
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job Jim. Electrical work is always rewarding to me especially when I hit the switch and the lights actually come on.

Lou, is that a GF clock you are building. Looks good.

My weekend was spent mostly at the lathe on gifts for family members I will visit this coming weekend. Bottle stoppers, birdhouse ornament, letter openers, and one bowl. The rest of the 4000 things on my list will have to wait two weeks.

Ernie