Thread: Parts for Fein Turbo III

Parts for Fein Turbo III

We've had our Fein Turbo III for just over 5 years and been very pleased with it. A couple weeks ago, it wouldn't turn on. The area around the switch on the board is black. We (eventually) found a place relatively close that can get parts. The switch is $15. The board is over $400. (They sell new Turbo IIIs for about $600.) We have ordered the switch just to try, but expect the board to be the problem.

Does anyone know where we can order the board for a reasonable price? $400 is totally stupid for a part...

No kidding! Amazon sells the turbo iii for $449.
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Did you test the switch with a continuity checker?

Phil, no, don't know how to do that. I'll look into it.

Jim, it is $469 in the US. $759.00 on Amazon.ca - and our dollar is higher than the US right now. Go figure...

Well if you can remove the switch you could take it to a full-service hardware store (a small hardware store) and ask them to check the switch.

You may want to invest in an inexpensive multi-meter. You basically set the meter at one of the resistance settings ("R"). Then you put one lead (red or black, doesn't matter which) on one lug of the switch, and the other color lead on the other lug of the switch. When the switch is off, the meter's needle shouldn't move (or if it is digital, the #'s shouldn't change). When the switch is set to on, the meter needle should move all the way to the right, or the #'s on a digital meter should read 0.00.

Harbor Freight sells inexpensive multi-meters. As do Radio Shack and you can find them at HD and Lowes.

Phil,
    Thanks for your reply to this. I will keep this information for future use. An electrician I ain't...

The switch came in today, and the vacuum works, so it was just the switch. $26 for switch and shipping sure beats buying a new vacuum. We'll see if it lasts another 5 years.