Thread: Old Mid West Sublimation Heat Press...need help

Old Mid West Sublimation Heat Press...need help

I have an old Mid West Sublimation Heat Press. We don't use it to much; but we've had a lot of business need for it.

However the thermostat does not work properly. It heats up..but never really stops heating up and the thermostat its self always gets stuck.

Anyone know of where I can find parts for this? Or a work around?

Thank you
    BK

Get an infra red thermometer from harbor Freight.. They put these on sale fairly often. http://www.harborfreight.com/non-con...ter-96451.html
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I know how important it is to keep the Heat and Time the same for jobs that have multi items.... I can see a change in color or even the White Letters are fogged if too hot or too long... I recommend trying to find a replacement part....

OR.... Find a Electronic Guy to look it over.... IF a Relay is used to activate the Heat Element then it could have Stuck or Burned together contacts... A replacement relay could get you back up and runnng.... OR even a loose connection on the heat sensor....

Try asking over on Engraving Etc too if you are a member.

Good Luck,

AL
    Last edited by AL Ursich; 12-12-2012 at 9:33 PM.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

No luck on Engraving Etc either. A Picture might help and a picture of the cover off of the Electronics area if possible...

You might call some of the name brands and ask them if they made it for them?

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".