Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redsail lasers

I have a redsail x700 and it's been a fine machine. One power supply gone back, but oterwise also happy with the machine.

Hey Robert,

Yes, I would normally agree that a few hundred here or there isn't much in the big picture, but when starting a new business, budgets are critical to stick to, especially when you're trying to show off for potential investors in associated projects...
    When acquiring 10 machines and each one comes in over budget by $200, it becomes $2000 pretty quickly, and that $2000 is a whole other machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Tepper View Post
    $250 over budget does not seem like a large amount

G,day Michael,
    I bought A Redsail 1290, from China 18 months ago, the table in the Z mod, the right hand front corner is down by 3mm, and the far right hand corner is down by 2mm from Level, I will fix when the Mate comes over,
    The biggest problem with this unit ------------------is the Operator and that's Me I'm 68 years old an on background,
    I am having lots of fun, Best thing I ever bought,----------- I make lots of mistakes------------I'm into Model Trains
    Cheers Greg Ellis Down Under

I would not recommend a REDSAIL LASER to my worst enemy !! Their software is junk and don't communicate with the machine. I have tried to make it work on Windows 7,8,and 10 and on 3 different computers and makes no difference will not find the port. I had an Epilog for years and never had a problem till I bought this piece of junk.. M500 Redsail Laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Frazer View Post
    I would not recommend a REDSAIL LASER to my worst enemy !! Their software is junk and don't communicate with the machine. I have tried to make it work on Windows 7,8,and 10 and on 3 different computers and makes no difference will not find the port. I had an Epilog for years and never had a problem till I bought this piece of junk.. M500 Redsail Laser.
    Sound like you got a lemon. It will happen with any company. You must have just got the bad luck.

I've never tried running the machine on anything higher than windows 7 32bit. It may have a64bit issue. If you are used to ULS or Epilog software then the rd cam or laser works is a indeed a step down. But I use corel draw and import all my stuff. I use the china software just as a print driver.

I have owned 2 ULS machines myself so I know the difference. Overall I am been very please over the 3 years I have had my machine. It is a work horse, and the quality it pretty dang good for a DC tube. It has paid for itself a long time ago.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Can't find the port-- been there done that...

My Triumph will only run on "COM 3" - I suspect most of these machines may have similar restrictions.

That said- On any computer I connect to, only ONE USB port will work as the COM 3 port. AND------ COM 3 must be available and not used by another computer resource. If it's not, the machine and computer will never connect to each other.

That's exactly what happened when I had to change out my 64bit Win7 computer to another XP to run my Explorer once I got it (it's driver requires a 32bit machine). This was a 'fresh' rebuilt Dell computer all back to factory-new settings. It had set aside COM 3 for something else, mouse driver or something. Took awhile to figure this out. I had to manually configure the port to use it. Voila....
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

There are "redsail" knock offs. Meaning others that use the same case that are not redsail. Did you buy it from eBay, if so which company did you buy it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    Sound like you got a lemon. It will happen with any company. You must have just got the bad luck.

I've never tried running the machine on anything higher than windows 7 32bit. It may have a64bit issue. If you are used to ULS or Epilog software then the rd cam or laser works is a indeed a step down. But I use corel draw and import all my stuff. I use the china software just as a print driver.

I have owned 2 ULS machines myself so I know the difference. Overall I am been very please over the 3 years I have had my machine. It is a work horse, and the quality it pretty dang good for a DC tube. It has paid for itself a long time ago.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

If your getting a 50 watt Chinese laser for $2500 shipped and going to compare to a Epilog, ULS and Trotec your in for a surprise. Do some reading on here.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Yeah you mostly only hear from people with bad experiences. I have a RedSail M900 100W without any problems.
    RedSail M900 - 100W Laser with RECI Tube and Rotary.