Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What a hoot! Damp Wood Society gathering

nice quilts......nice robust......that quilting machine that slides the sewing machine the length of the quilt and is probably computer programmed is major dinerro $$$$$$$$$$, nice setup, looks like it nice to have kids gone, sewing room

Hey, sounds like way too much fun to miss out on! Where and when is the next meeting???? Philip
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Duffy View Post
    Hey, sounds like way too much fun to miss out on! Where and when is the next meeting???? Philip
    Phillip.......those decisions are for the folks who are above my pay grade ...I don't know where the next one will be........they do move them around.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Mike the extra benefits of the Stickfast is it will help with small cuts and helps stop bleeding. Don't ask how I know.

Wow that looks like a great gather and a lot of fun. Yes and some great work.
    Ron

Working on the roughout from the DAMP meeting....[foreground on the group pic].....this one still has some work to do on it, but I got a chance to spend a few minutes at about 11 pm last evening......then it just got so late, I thought I had better leave it until tomorrow evening or Tuesday............

IMGP3744.jpgIMGP3745.jpgIMGP3743.jpg

The edge of this ambrosia maple has a bark inclusion on the edge that I could not turn off, and it still needs a few light passes with a freshly sharpened gouge to do the final smoothing cuts, and of course sanding and finishing......probably will do something to embellish the pedestal a little as well. My guess is this is about 10 inches wide.

Any suggestions on a good finish for this?
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 12-16-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Roger, how about something clear and no gloss???? or maybe some shellac?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie knighton View Post
    Roger, how about something clear and no gloss???? or maybe some shellac?
    About the only thing I have on hand Charlie matching your suggestion is shellac and Woodturners Finish......I also have some WOP, but it is gloss. I have some Danish oil with walnut tint to it, but I don't think it would look good on this maple.