Thread: Simple Vinyl Cutter Specific Designs.

Simple Vinyl Cutter Specific Designs.

EDIT:

I finally got it. I had a few problem welds to take care of. Thanks for the assist.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I am looking for some designs that are ready to go for vinyl cutters. I want/need to see how they differ from rastering with laser. I am having trouble getting the insides of letters and designs to transfer over to my software.
    Last edited by Joe Lackey; 12-15-2012 at 3:17 PM.

I'd leave it here but also post on the Sign forum. Plotter files are all vector, same as for cutting on a laser. Most programs will import ai, eps, pdf, plt, DWG and DXF files. Bitmaps won't work unless your plotter software has a trace capability. Some of the larger, more expensive sign design software does large format printing as well as plotter cutting and handles
    both raster and vector, but most plotter software will only take vector and the less expensive ones may require conversion to a a specific type, and some older ones require hpgl.
    Last edited by Joe Pelonio; 12-15-2012 at 7:17 PM.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green