Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Staining Cherry

Larry, that's a nice table - and it sure is dark. So what was the final finishing schedule? And is the customer happy?

John

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Larry, that's a nice table - and it sure is dark. So what was the final finishing schedule? And is the customer happy?

John
    She was very pleased. I used Charles Neil's blotch control, followed by Transfast dye, dewaxed shellac from flakes, and Target 8000 Conversion Varnish. The dye was a mix of a couple of jars of what I already had from some previous projects, so I really couldn't tell you what the actual mix was.
    It is a little too dark for my taste, but she is extremely happy with it. She said that several of her friends and neighbors had come over this weekend and they were all in awe. So, I'd say that if it impressed that crowd, she can't help but be pleased.
    BTW: It is not quite as dark as it looks in the pictures, but it is darker than I would like. But I am not the one I need to please. It is what she wanted and I was building it for her, not me.
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 02-04-2013 at 5:09 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

that table really came out perfect. I love your base. Funny, I happen to be in Little Rock right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    She was very pleased. I used Charles Neil's blotch control, followed by Transfast dye, dewaxed shellac from flakes, and Target 8000 Conversion Varnish. The dye was a mix of a couple of jars of what I already had from some previous projects, so I really couldn't tell you what the actual mix was.
    It is a little too dark for my taste, but she is extremely happy with it. She said that several of her friends and neighbors had come over this weekend and they were all in awe. So, I'd say that if it impressed that crowd, she can't help but be pleased.
    BTW: It is not quite as dark as it looks in the pictures, but it is darker than I would like. But I am not the one I need to please. It is what she wanted and I was building it for her, not me.
    That's great Larry. So, did you make enough for that new bandsaw?

John

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    That's great Larry. So, did you make enough for that new bandsaw?

John
    Why, yes I did! I will be ordering it very soon.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Why, yes I did! I will be ordering it very soon.
    Most excellent. The satisfaction of a job well done, a happy customer, and money to spend. Enjoy the new saw.

John

Stunning table, Larry! Wow...nice!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...