Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gorilla glue for mortise and tenon joint?

Personally, I would do a drawbore mortise and tenon if I didn't want to use hardware. You wouldn't even need any glue at that point, though it wouldn't hurt to glue it. Then it will NEVER fall apart. This particular mechanical lock is very simple to make and incredibly strong.

Ian,the people of Custom Pak are helpful on these things . They have two poly glues ,but only one is rated for complete water proof structural use. That one is slightly thinner to allow for easier spreading on large projects. They have had all the independent tests done to approve it for structural use .

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    Personally, I would do a drawbore mortise and tenon if I didn't want to use hardware. You wouldn't even need any glue at that point, though it wouldn't hurt to glue it. Then it will NEVER fall apart. This particular mechanical lock is very simple to make and incredibly strong.
    If it is at all possible with your bench design, do this. I did it on my bench with no glue, and the joints are tight as can be and rock solid.