Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Example of LaserDarc on maple

Thanks Mike....I'll give it a shot.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Silly question (?), but would this be the same powder used in laser printers?

I don't think its laser toner but more likely Powder Coat just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Karreman View Post
    Silly question (?), but would this be the same powder used in laser printers?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hey Gary, I've tried it myself on my 40w Helix and can't get a decent flow. It either scrubs off or vaporizes. Would you consider sharing any tips?
    I have tried all combos of hi/low power and speed. Maybe taking it just out of focus?

Test substrates include steel sheet and wood...

-Mak
    Epilog 40w Helix
    Hottronix MAXX 16x20
    WAYYYY Too much Siser HTM
    Tons of "will it laser?" scraps...

Air assist would leave you with a machine COVERED in powder and possibly the first time the beam hits it on your lenses, your lenses are toast.
    I can't imagine you'd ever get it clean if it blew around in the machine unless your exhaust is strong enough to really cause negative pressure.

I've simply jostled a jar of it in the garage and had to open all the doors and wait for the powder to settle. Then wipe EVERYTHING down... I do love it though in it's traditional use.
    Epilog 40w Helix
    Hottronix MAXX 16x20
    WAYYYY Too much Siser HTM
    Tons of "will it laser?" scraps...