Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labels on the back of products

Labels on the back of products

I was wondering if most people here put labels on the backs of their engraving products like name badges, desk name plates, etc.?

I was working on some for a local school and they sent me a desk name plate and a name badge over to get the style and colour. On the back was a sticker from their original supplier, which was about 0.33" high by maybe 1.25" wide, gold foil with black printing.

I inquired about getting some made with local printing companies and none have dies that small, and the price was high ($200 for 1000 labels, plus taxes). Most online companies think that return address sized labels 0.5 X 1.5 are the smallest anyone should ever want.

So for those who label your products, what kind of labels do you use?

Thanks,

John Jackson
    Russell, ON

thingsmade.ca

Its a good idea to help advertise. You can have a little sticker made up very inexpensively if you go with one of the companies that prints return address labels. Instead of your address, you provide your business name email whatever. Cost you about a penny each and you have a choice of fonts and colors. Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

I used to be a dealer for Kaeser & Blair when I had a retail shop and got great wholesale prices on a roll of screenprinted
    stickers. Made many sales of magnetic business cards, pens, caps and mugs. Gave it up when I got the laser and pushed engraved items instead. You should be able to find custom stickers for a lot less than $200, I have seen the roll version (1,000) online for as little as $97 with no setup charge.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Diy ?

If 1 3/4 x 1/2" is OK, you can make your own with a inkjet....uline dot com item # S-15183
    Mike

Proud 24-yr USAF Veteran

COMPUTER: Dell Optiplex 620 - XP
    LASER HARDWARE: Pinnacle 25W Mercury,
    LaserPro 50W Explorer
    SOFTWARE: Corel X3, CS4 Suite, Photoshop Web Suite CS3, Solidworks
    FIRMWARE: My brain

Quote Originally Posted by Mike vonBuelow View Post
    If 1 3/4 x 1/2" is OK, you can make your own with a inkjet....uline dot com item # S-15183
    Unless you do a lot of outdoor signs, then screenprinting will hold up a lot better.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I am in no rush, I just want to find SMALL stickers. Return address size is too big for something like a 0.75 X 3.0 name tag by the time you put a pin or magnet on the back. These other ones I saw were about a third the size of a return address label. I remember similar stickers on many products which were oval in shape and said "Made in Taiwan".

I make my own. I use the Avery labels, 80 per page that are 1/2x1 3/4. Depending on where it goes I use clear or white. The ones I'm using right now I printed my info along with the US flag. Cheap advertising.

We make our own with a large format print and cut machine , "supplied and engraved by toker bro and a tel no and website ..very small , about 7mm x 15mm.
    You can do yours cheaply , use a self adhesive inkjet vinyl (actually laser friendly polyester) from Papilio , print and then laser kiss cut em. Get it right and you then have a facility to print and die cut stickers , add some doming and it opens you to even more opportunities.
    You can also use that laserlight material , engrave and kiss cut , but its more expensive
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

The cheapest way is to make a rubber stamp and stamp your products instead of labeling them. The greatest one is to etch them.

Those little labels were responsible for building a 5 figure segment of my business.

I originally purchased them but they were expensive. Now, depending on the item I make my own or I hot stamp some things. I never laser engrave--but I have seen them.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I do a quick engraving onRowmark Laserlights (self stick foil with black background)
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Hi there
    I engrave directly on the backside my logo.
    happy hollidays
    greetings
    waltfl

You should be able to find small labels, check with a local scrapbooking shop they may be able to help.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I will be getting a plotter shortly to cut sandblast mask with - I will be able to make my own stickers any shape size or colour I need then!

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions

John

Most of what I do gets a label on it. I buy the best ones I can get, I would give you the name of the company I get them from if I could think of it. I engrave on lots of kitchenware. And I have people calling me every week saying they got my contact info from the back of someones else's engraved pan. I also have people call me and tell me they got my info from the back of a cakepan they have had for 10 years and the label was still readable.

If I remember correctly I think I am paying about $.18 per label, which at first seems pretty expensive but it turns out to be my most cost effective way to advertise.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin