Thread: Editing?

New England, in a town on the way to nowhere

Editing?

Curious-
    I've noticed that sometimes when posting an answer to a question on the forums, it's gets pushed down (or sometimes off) in the reply order. Is this just because the mods don't care for my answer?

It's probably just the threading mode. Mess with the settings under the Display menu at the top right and see if that moves your posts around.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Blog Entries
    To some extent, it depends on which reply button you hit.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

New England, in a town on the way to nowhere
    Thanks ,both. I understand the way it works much better now.
    When my replies to threads I was watching disapeared, I thought I was losing what little memory I have left. Or hallucinating again (still?)

Mark,

First...the Mods can't even see your reply until you click the "Post Quick Reply" button or if in the Advanced Mode "Submit Reply" button. Until a reply is posted we don't/can't see it.

If you use the Quick Reply or Advanced Reply modes, your post will be at the bottom.

If you use the "Reply with Quote" mode.....while you are typing your reply it will appear that your reply is immediately following the quoted post but will actually be placed in chronological order by time and date with other responses once you hit the Post or Submit buttons.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

It might have been posted to the next page of the thread.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I moved this thread into the Forum Tech Support.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney