Thread: Filter bag for Dustright 1200 Air Filter System

Filter bag for Dustright 1200 Air Filter System

I have the Dustright 1200 Air Filter. It was new about a year ago. The recommended time to change the one micron 3 bag filter is 12 months. I am wondering how to really know when to change it since I'm sure the amount of time one uses it in a year must vary quite a bit. MIne definatly has some dust in it but I don't know what it should look like. At the $68 price, I would like to have a good idea of when to change it. Also, does anyone know of a better, or another source, for these filters? While I'm on this topic, what about the 12x24 filters. Rockler charges $20 for one. I've been using the cheapies from Menards and changing them a lot. There is also the $53 electrostatic/washable one. Any thoughts on whether that is worth it? I'm interested in your thoughts and experiences.

Blog Entries
    Jenny,

I am afraid to look at bag on my 1200. Mine is 2 years old. I haven't changed the standard pre-filter, I just suck it clean with a 4" hose connected to my DC. I figure that as long as I don't detect a substantial fall off on the air coming out of it, it ain't broken so don't fix it. Hey, my reasoning is that a well seasoned filter is catching more than a fresh filter, with the filter cake and all.