Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser tube

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Speeded up? Possibly. But I saw multiple passes for each line of text. (Not many, it's pretty small text.)
    Thats my point, how many lines would you need to make a line of text, lowest possible would be 5, that would be very very low resolution.
    The more you look at it the more you realise its just not possible, all the other clips look genuine, the clip at 60 seconds looks about right for speed.

1 .....***
    2.....*....*
    3 .....***
    4 ....*....*
    5 .....*** (this should look like an 8 but it keeps taking my spaces out)

Cant see 5 passes , stand by what I said, but still be happy to be proved wrong, has any one here got a trotec that can confirm or deny this?
    Be bloody impressed if its real !!
    Last edited by matthew knott; 12-28-2012 at 6:12 PM. Reason: keeps taking my spaces out
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

On the white substrate with text on the left and a graphic on the right, it's pretty clear that it is either sped up or bogus - the graphic is "appearing" in segments that are too tall to be one pass, much more than a single laser beam width.

Depending on how fast the head is moving, the video scan rate, and how much it's sped up (if any), there could be a sort of aliasing effect going on where you don't actually see all the movement but it looks like you do. Sort of like the old westerns where the spokes on the wagon wheels would look like they are turning slowly (or even backwards) when the horses were galloping at high speed.

Aliasing is a possibility, but im sure that aint a legit video! Its like the BS videos we get of the iphone5, they always put a caption saying 'steps removed' or might not be available in your country. Shame laser that fast would be epic !!!
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.