Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fan curve for 3HP DC?

I've seen specs but 1 micron is about right. Bag specs change as they season. Keep in mind that sanding with 240 grit creates 2-5 micron and larger so you really have to be into something finer to get to sub micron dust when woodworking. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    I've seen specs but 1 micron is about right. Bag specs change as they season. Keep in mind that sanding with 240 grit creates 2-5 micron and larger so you really have to be into something finer to get to sub micron dust when woodworking. Dave
    Thanks for the response David. What are your thoughts on putting the Thien baffle in front of the Grizzly 3HP unit. I would put high quality bags on it. Another poster said the 3HP unit was too powerful for the Thien baffle to work effectively.

Does you (or anyone else) have thoughts on the 3HP unit being too powerful for the Thien baffle to work effectively?
    - Lou

I hope Phil responds as he knows best. I've got a four bag 7.5 hp Coral I use mainly for a big wide belt but would be interested if it would work as well. I'm running 2400 cfm to the WB. Dave