After reading all the positive reviews of this system (including Matt Meiser) I ordered a PPS system for my Fuji G-XPC gun. This is a pressure assisted gravity fed gun for their 4-turbine HVLP system. For pressure cup guns 3M offers just two sizes a 28oz. and 6 oz. system (for the non-pressurized systems they offer three sizes 6, 20, and 28oz.). The Fuji gun comes with a 14oz. cup that I thought was a little small so I ordered the 28oz. cup, baggies/lids/plugs, and gun adapter. It's simple to assemble but the container cover hits the gun storage hook and causes you to have it tilted forward. I didn't like this so I just removed the hook from my gun. Really have never used it and you can't get at it anyway with the PPS applied.

I tried it out with water. I just used the pressure cup hose from the OEM cup. It worked fine but it has a check valve in it and to remove the paint baggie you need to relieve the pressure in the cup first and the check valve prevents the gun from doing this automatically - so I removed the check valve. I needed to paint some dining room chairs and first applied a coat of BIN. I filled the cup, capped it, fixed it to the gun, and was ready to go. Oh no...this thing weighs a ton with 28oz. in it! Wish they made a pressure cup in the 20oz. size. I did like filling the cup less often but need to build up my wrist muscles. It sprayed without a problem. I found when not in use I can store the gun up side down on the cup easily. After spraying a few chairs I noticed if I didn't spray for say 30 sec. or longer I could hear a whistling and when it stopped the gun would spray more paint. I then put the check valve on the pressure line again and it worked perfectly. Only problem is I need to remove the hose from the cup to de-pressurize. No biggie but for storage you don't want the baggie to fill with air so I needed to blow air in the hose to remove most if the air again. Best of all anyone that has used BIN knows it's an excellent primer but that because it sticks to everything so good - including your spray equipment. With the PPS you eliminate the need to clean the cup. Overall I'm satisfied except for the weight issue but 6oz. would have defeated the reason I bought it.

Mike