Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated Website.

Updated Website.

I have been trying to update my website...my son , Ryan has really helped. I still have many completed homes that are not documented in photos. I will try to add those over the next several months. The images that are there is a good source of details, ideas and how I lke to use materials in combinations. There are examples of woodworking distributed randomly through the pics. I took all of the pics with just a digital camera....and many look that way, sorry...They do capture the mood and comunicate. Thanks for looking...I added the link to my SMC member page if you want to refer to it. Click on " images" to see the pics ...Then click again to enlarge and hit "next" and you can flip through the larger ones quickly without going back to the small ones.

http://marksingerarchitects.com/
    Last edited by Mark Singer; 04-28-2005 at 9:47 AM.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Mark,

I just spent the last ten minutes going through your website. The images are stunning!
    Your designs are modern and fit well in the Laguna landscape...but not over modern. They don't yell at you, they allow you to feel and be apart of the design. You certainly have made a name for yourself and well deserved. Thanks for being apart of SMC. I'm sure you've put a lot of hard work getting to this point in your career and it shows.

Jon

Thumbs up

Mark...I like the new website.

From a design standpoint do you specialize in using what I normally consider "industrial" materials? Often when I see what I consider "modern" /contemporary designs using "industrial" materials the overall feeling I get is cold. When I looked at the your images while I still felt the "modern" design using crisp lines, the way you incorporated warm wood or warm colors into the design didn't soften the lines but gave a more "warm"/ "homey" feeling.

I also like the way the landscaping seem to soften the exterior lines and make the building somewhat blend into the surrounding landscape. Do you do your own landscape design too?

I like what I saw Mark....I'm not surprised!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Nice...I finally get to see some additional views of that more Spanish style house that overlooks the ocean that we stopped by during my visit. Great images in all!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nice. Read a little, looked a little. Very nice.

" his gray hair in a pony-tail " - Really?? Who nu! Wish I had some!

Nice work Mark. Expect to see you in Fine Homebuilding soon enough- with those other homes I can't afford. It's always great to dream and get ideas though.

Bob

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Bravo Bravo!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Mark,
    Very nice indeed! I particularly like the FLW-Falling Water inspired house on pages 3 & 4. Has a nice warmth to it.
    Maurice

Ken,

Thank you...I only designed the landscape for my own home. I designed the hardscape on most of them...and then we work closely with the landscape architect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Mark...I like the new website.

From a design standpoint do you specialize in using what I normally consider "industrial" materials? Often when I see what I consider "modern" /contemporary designs using "industrial" materials the overall feeling I get is cold. When I looked at the your images while I still felt the "modern" design using crisp lines, the way you incorporated warm wood or warm colors into the design didn't soften the lines but gave a more "warm"/ "homey" feeling.

I also like the way the landscaping seem to soften the exterior lines and make the building somewhat blend into the surrounding landscape. Do you do your own landscape design too?

I like what I saw Mark....I'm not surprised!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Mark:

I viewed your website about a month ago. It looks like there have been many changes. This is a wonderful portfolio of your work!

Joe

So, I go's to the web site and look. Then look again and then look some more! It's no wonder you're an award-winning architect! Really comes as no surprise, I guess. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just *something* about your work, which keeps me going back and looking some more. You've taken very opposite building and design media and made every element work with each other in unison. Unlike the stark and "institutional" look of metal and concrete, yours looks inviting, as if to say, "Welcome! Come on in!" The more I look at the various views, the more inviting they become. Must be wonderful to live in those structures! Well done, my friend!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Mark,

Very impressive. You seem to have a common thread of design with respect to open space. It's that ingenious use of space that would make a body feel free to move about in the comfort of home without the restrictiveness of being "couped up" inside all day. I like the site layout too...fast...simple..easy to navigate.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

WOW Mark, that is really impressive, and I love your design and work! The building look so inviting and makes me want to sit, enjoy the view and sip the wine! I still plan on coming down someday, but things always seem to get in the way! I feel like we should call you "Mr. Singer". We got a celebrity among us,
    Jerry

Mark,

Your work is stunning. What impresses me about your structures is that they would never get boring to live in. The textures and space play seem to make it an adventure to go from room to room. Some day, when I'm rich and famous (and not a career public servant)....

Mark Blumer (East Lansing, MI)

The work is stunning, I might lose the white borders and have the pictures center when you open them full size, as opposed to locking to the left as they do in my browser. Not that you asked for a website critique, but its what I do all day long at work.