Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Electrical Engineers out there? Cheap, legal induced squeal in speakers?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jolliffe View Post
    I use to live next door to a ham radio operator. He came over my stereo speakers,telephone & the speakers on the tv. The stereo or TV didn't have to be on for it to happen. After I complained numerous times he finally fixed it some how...
    I experienced the same thing in my teen years. The shortwave signal didn't interfere significantly when I played my music but you could hear his broadcast with my stereo off. I was able to block it eventually by shielding my speaker leads.

That said, I don't think there is much you could do legally to induce feedback in your neighbor's system.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Take up the bagpipes.

Quote Originally Posted by terry mccammon View Post
    Take up the bagpipes.
    or buy/build a spark machine, other wise known as a telsa machine[sc]

The probably have the speakers on the floor and that transmits the vibrations. Ask them to put the speakers on bricks. I lived in an apartment and the stereo the gal upstairs played really thumped with bass. After banging on the door a number of times I finally told her to get some bricks and put her stereo speakers on bricks. We both were happy after that.

Well since FM transmission seems to be prohibited....

What about that spark generator? Can it be done with 9 volts? Y'know something compact and cheap?
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Underwood View Post
    Well since FM transmission seems to be prohibited....

What about that spark generator? Can it be done with 9 volts? Y'know something compact and cheap?
    9 volts might do but a 12 volt battery will keep a charge longer