Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baird Brothers - Anyone Ordered From?

Baird Brothers - Anyone Ordered From?

Not sure if this is legit to ask, but I am about to order some hardwood plywood for a couple cabinet projects. Has anyone had experience with Baird Brothers in OH?

I live about 50 minutes from Baird Bros. I have bought ply as well as hardwood moldings from them. Very reputable, and qualtiy products. In all the ply I bought i found no voids in cutting or dados or rabbets. As a matter of fact I worked 8 minutes from their sawmill.

George

I have bought both cherry and poplar molding along with some maple boards. It was shipped to me. They sent a quality product and it was packaged well. I would buy from them again.

4. i dated the owner granddaughter in college about 16 years ago. They are good people and good company.

I have a friend who has an uncle whose barber rented some property to a person who used to live...... ;-)

Seriously tho, I HAVE purchased oak molding for our kitchen from Baird Brothers,..... Great quality, packaged well, and as I recall, relatively fast delivery!

We used to order a lot of trim from them when I worked in house construction. Always had good prices and good service.

I think I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express at the same time as a fella who worked for a factory that made plywood that Baird Brothers also sold

Thanks. I ordered from them yesterday. Fingers crossed!!!

Let us know how it goes.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I received my shipment yesterday.

One word: AMAZING.

It was meticulously packed as if they were shipping me fine furniture. I ordered about 30 sheets of maple and cherry ply. No voids in any of it. The molding I ordered also looks wonderful and was superbly packed. Now I just need a way to handle it all...

I will definitely order from them again. Also, the prices were quite reasonable. The one caveat is that if you need lift gate service, the shipping goes up...

I have purchased extensively from them, as I live approx 30 miles from the them. Recently ordered and installed 1700Sqft of American cherry flooring, and a tone of base and case. All premium stuff, even their paint grade preprimed stuff.

You ordered 4x8 sheets of plywood and had it shipped from OH to NJ? That sounds expensive for shipping.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Hi Prashun, some questions if you don't mind:

(1) How do they ship 4x8 sheets of plywood? Do they just put sacrificial pieces on both sides of the stack, and then put it on a large pallet? Do they do anything to protect the edges?

(2) I assume the shipping cost per-sheet (after all, 30 is a lot of sheets) was reasonable?

(3) I assume the prices were better than anything you could find in NJ? Or do you have problems finding hardwood plywood NJ?

(4) What are you working on that requires 30-sheets? Or two projects each requiring 15. That is a lot of plywood!

It was not cheap to ship. I'll say that. It was about $300 - and I didn't even need lift gate. However, I ordered cherry and maple ply, and the price/sheet worked out better than anything I can get locally (now that I said that someone will give me a source that happens to be in my neighborhood!!!).

The ply was on top of a pallet, and insulated all around by several layers of cardboard. All corners were taped very well. It took me about 30 minutes to unpack the packaging. I've gotten a bunch of lumber mail order before - which I thought was pretty darn well shipped. However, this was a cut above. They even included a t-shirt!!!

Chris, I would probably not have done this if I didn't need so much.

I'm making a media console + bookshelves and a built-in entertainment center, and replacing some railings. Two projects.

I don't have the vehicle or help to be able to move larger slabs and sheets around. So, having it delivered to door is big for me. The LTL freight rates are really not that much less shipping from NJ or PA to here vs Ohio.

I found Baird very easy to work with. You can order online. Everywhere else requires a quote to be worked up. Also, they have a great selection of moldings and railings, which is also a huge time save for me. So, it was a one-stop shop for me.
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 01-16-2013 at 6:12 PM.

Thanks for all the details.

I look forward to the built threads!