Thread: where to get rough cut lumber

Question where to get rough cut lumber

anyone in the Charleston WV area know where I can buy rough cut lumber?

I have tried woodfinder.com and there is nothing close all more than 60 miles away.

thanks

Blog Entries
    You have one of the best sawmills on the east coast ~ 40 miles from your house: Hicksville Planing Mill

Here's the info I have on them (it may be outdated):

14464 Hicksville Road
    Clear Spring, MD 21722-1240
    (301) 842-3474 (it's rare that they are near a phone)
    0700-1700 MTuWF, 0700-1200 Sa

IIRC they are Mennonite so no cursing or you'll get kicked out...

The maps say that that saw mill is 296 miles away from my house.

Used to be one over in Mccarther OH. Adelman and Clark. It's been years, and maybe still not close (maybe closer than 296 miles). That's all I got for you (there is a great one up near central Ohio....timber wolf)

Ask that question on forestryforum.com There are lots of bandmills out there nowdays. I see guys advertising wood locally on craigslist.

Try this website. manta.com/mb_44_E01A5_49/sawmills_and_planing_mills_general/west_virginia Just add the www on the front. I don't know what ones are what you seek but many to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    Try this website. manta.com/mb_44_E01A5_49/sawmills_and_planing_mills_general/west_virginia Just add the www on the front. I don't know what ones are what you seek but many to try.
    that brought up a whole lot of results hopefully some of them are close to the house.

Sent you a pm. I am located in Hurricane WV and run a small sawmill business. Also know a few other contacts.

Rough Cut Lumber

James, I am located in Scott Depot and am interested in rough cut lumber to cover the walls in my garage. Please contact me either at adam.w.moore@gmail.com or three 0 four 545 five 2 six one. Thanks!!!

You also might check craigslist. I have found a number of folks in my area that advertise there. Also some saw mills advertise there too.

Adam, this thread is almost 2 years old. pm'ing James would be your best bet.

to the OP's question, mind you he hasn't visited SMC for almost a year and this thread is almost two years old, I've found the best way to find lumberyards is to use google maps and search for "lumber" or "lumberyard" or "sawmill" or something along those lines.

There is a mill in Wayne that sells rough cut, but it's not kiln dried I believe. You also have to buy in 1000 bf lots, but I think its around .60 cents a bf. Apparently that rate is for whatever comes in, you just let them know what you want and when that trees comes in they will cut it up for you.