Thread: Freud Router Question

Freud Router Question

I purchased a Freud FT3000-VCE a few years back when they first came out. I'm not sure if this is still covered under warranty as I can't find my receipt. Used it a couple of times and it pretty much sat in a shop made table collecting dust. I recently bought an Incra Super System with the intention of using the Freud. After mounting the router on the plate and putting it in the table I tried to rasie the router to do a bit change. I could not get the router high enough, or the base low enough to engage the spindle lock with the lever. Checked my stops and the turret stop is out of the way, the plunge lock is not engaged but I'm about 1/2" - 3/4" from getting the lever to meet the spindle lock pin. Anybody else have this issue?
    Andy Kertesz

" Impaled on nails of ice, raked by emerald fire"...... King Crimson '71

I had an issue with am FT1700 after a few years, went Freud's web-site, sent an email, and the told me to send it in and they tool care of it. I think the warranty was 5 years. No questions asked., the FT1700 hadn't been out long enough to be out of warranty as I understood it.

Kudos to Freud customer service. After emailing Freud it was suggested the I send the router in, which I did. Even though the router is probably close to being out of warranty if it isn't already, they cleaned it, made some adjustments to the controls that were out of whack. The primary issue was the non-turret side column was full of sawdust. Upon receipt of the router I found that UPS in their heavy handed way had beat the box up pretty good breaking the handle housing the switch. After a quick call and a couple of emails Freud is sending the handle since it is an easy change out. Hopefully it will be here today. They could have probably charged me for this but did not, all responses and concerns were addressed in a timely manner to complete satisfaction. Just another example of great customer service....
    Andy Kertesz

" Impaled on nails of ice, raked by emerald fire"...... King Crimson '71

Wow...that's really good CS if it's under warranty...amazing service if not under warranty.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I had the same great customer service support from them a couple years ago on a router. I had difficulty in putting in/taking out the bits, made a couple pleas on this site and received a quick and accurate remedy from a Freud service man or tech guy that saw my post on this website. TOTALLY FANTASTIC