Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robo Rest

Reed sells 'em directly. Just PM him (Robo-hippie). He'll accept checks only. Has them made and ready to ship. Quoted prices are $50 for free standing; $75 for Wolverine-compatible model. $10 shipping should be added as well (so the totals would be $60 or $85).

For the Wolverine compatible model, does the top of the rest have to line up with the center of the wheel to be angle accurate? I use a 6" grinder but if the rest is made for an 8" grinder will it still work for me? Cheers, D.

Dennis,
    Yes the top of the rest will line up with the center of the wheel. I also have a 6" grinder and my Robo rest worked out of the. Great product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Nagle View Post
    For the Wolverine compatible model, does the top of the rest have to line up with the center of the wheel to be angle accurate? I use a 6" grinder but if the rest is made for an 8" grinder will it still work for me? Cheers, D.

Thanks Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Well received my Robo Rest today from Reed Gray. What a great piece. It simplifies the sharpening process all the way around. I sharpened my scrapers and bedan tool to give it a whirl and I am extremely pleased with it. Well built for sure. Thanks Reed.
    I got mine to. Very repeatable angles. I just write the robo rest number on my tool. Go to the grinder and no having to mess with adjustments. Just put the rod in the hole that matches what is written on the tool and grind. It took me longer to type this than sharpen the tool!

Got mine a bit ago and have been very pleased with the repeatability. Works like a charm.

7. How does one order the robo shelf?

Hi William.
    Really easy to get one
    Just pm Reed Grey here on the Creek.
    He is great to deal with and the Rest is one of the best investments I have made in the Vortex.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Agreed the DW actually gets her tools sharp the same way every time with ours

BTW, Robo will deliver.... if he is coming to do a Demo (he will be here next week)
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Just got mine on Monday. First rate service, first rate manufacturing, and design. Don't know why I waited, highly recommended!
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Yo Robo,
    I think you just sold about ten more tool rests and I didn't even mention that I like mine also. By the way, you are becoming a star on you tube. I'm thinking you should begin marketing your hats as well. The one you wear on the sharpening video is unique. Great shop hat.
    faust