Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoke detectors and dogs

Rick,

Put just one in your rental. Check it every few months to see if it is still there. If it is still there put one in your next rental. If both of them are there after your tenants move out you should be fine. The ones I bought yesterday were about $6.50 each but they will last 10 years.

Steve

Thanks, Steve,

I put them in once a year, and get the tennants to sign for them. Just another bit of insurance.

I will, however, put them in my house.

Rick

When our smoke detectors go off, I know dinner is ready.
    A little joke of ours.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff Johnson View Post
    Same instance in our home but I believe the chirping is not from loss of AC power but low 9V battery power. I've found that replacing them with a high-quality 9V yearly seems to fix the problem.
    +1. The chirp == low power. I used Duracell Ultra batteries in my detectors and have had no problems. Sit down before you price out a 10 pack of good 9V batteries... they are not cheap!

I wish i could contribute to this interesting discussion and i'm glad you brought out this topic concerning animals particularly to dogs. I have nine dogs at home and fortunately they are used to the chirpings sounds made by our smoke detector.But i definitely learned a lot thanks for sharing your thoughts on this guys.