Thread: Woodwork Magazine

Woodwork Magazine

Community,

I really do not step into the Creek since last May, my own personal reasons, but I know there "are" or "were" a few here that really enjoyed the magazine. Yesterday I was at Barnes and Nobel and the Winter 2012-13 issue was on the stand, looks like a good issue. On page 36 there is an offer for all 22 years on a 4 DVD set, just got off the phone and spent 50.98 total for mine. Hope all in the Creek have a good year, I will probably post next year if the magazine hits the stand again.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Does anyone know if there is a current issue on the news stand? If not then when will it come out? I was at Barnes and Nobel yesterday and there system said they got 6 copies in for Oct 2013. But none could be found. I love this Magazine but if they are still alive. Then, why no updated web page? This is all I could find. It is such a fine publication. Why would they leave there audience in the dark?

http://www.woodwork-magazine.com/

James,

Woodwork magazine is owned by American Woodworker magazine. They have the complete set on DVD and publish periodic print issues.

http://www.awbookstore.com/category/...gazine-issues/

It is an excellent magazine.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Newland View Post
    James,

Woodwork magazine is owned by American Woodworker magazine. They have the complete set on DVD and publish periodic print issues.

http://www.awbookstore.com/category/...gazine-issues/

It is an excellent magazine.

Gary
    I happen to have all of the back issues currently available and the DVD is no longer available. What I would like to know is when and how the current issue will be available. That is if it will be coming out at all. Do you see my point? Why is American Woodworker not promoting it or at least making its readers aware of when and if it will be continuing.

James

James, I went to B&N today, they had no info on the hopeful new issue and my friend is the manager there. If they receive any material or info I will post it here for those that care. Heather
    People are made of meat.

Heather,

Thank you very much. It would be great if you could give us a heads up when it comes out.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Thompson View Post
    James, I went to B&N today, they had no info on the hopeful new issue and my friend is the manager there. If they receive any material or info I will post it here for those that care. Heather

James, I went to the local grocery store today and they had three copies of the new "Woodwork", called my friend at B&N and they have it too. If you can not find a copy locally let me know and I will be happy to mail you a copy. Heather
    People are made of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Thompson View Post
    James, I went to the local grocery store today and they had three copies of the new "Woodwork", called my friend at B&N and they have it too. If you can not find a copy locally let me know and I will be happy to mail you a copy. Heather
    Thank you so much! Just in time for the Holidays. I will see if it is on the stand at BandN.

PS,
    I can't believe your grocery store carries woodworking magazines. Here some of the book stores are slimming down the selection.

James

I bought one today at Lowe's. They had 6+ copies.
    Paul

I was able to pick up a copy as well. I haven't had a chance to read it but, it looks like they did not continue the "The Mighty Oak" story. That was a heck of a cliff hanger.

James
    Last edited by James White; 12-02-2013 at 4:56 PM.

Does anyone know if there will be an issue this year? Any rumors?

Been looking for it myself, with no luck. I have often found it at the local Lowes, sometimes before B & N had it.