Thread: How are the drawings results posted?

How are the drawings results posted?

Hi,

How do you post notification of the winners of drawings? I'm guessing via PM or email?

I'm just wondering if I need to be subscribed to the respective threads - it's a lot of forum notifications!

Thanks

Lee,

In the past I have simply added the winners name to the first post in the thread and then added a post with the name so those who use the new posts feature would be alerted.

Because we have so many drawings going on at the same time as part of our Anniversary Celebration this year I will use the 10th Anniversary Celebration Announcement to list the names of the winners which should make it easy since the list of all the winners will be in one place. I will also add the names to each of the FreeStuff threads.

Normally I do not send email to the winners. So many of the people here have not provided an accurate email address, or their email address has changed, it is often difficult for me to track them down. I will try this year but I won't be surprised if I don't receive a response from some of the winners. I will also send a Private Message to each winner but the winners are responsible to visit The Creek and check the winners list for themselves.

After three days (72 hours) if a winner has not contacted me we reserve the right to draw another name.

One of the reasons we started making FreeStuff Drawings only open to Contributors is that we have some confidence that the name they used to register here is real. I used to spend long hours trying to track people down who won prizes and often they didn't exist. Honestly I have had to draw as many as three to four times to give a prize away. Trotec might be verifying the name of the winner of the laser engraver, their technician normally schedules a site visit to install and test their machines but this has not been confirmed yet. In any case we will verify that the name used to register for the drawing is the same as the username here, if there is a discrepancy the prize will not be awarded.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-02-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    SIGH!!!! Once again, I am not a winner. Oh, well, maybe next time. But that is what I have been thinking for the last (almost) 10 years! This is why I never buy lottery tickets!
    Congrats to all the winners!
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 02-11-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

All I can say is WOW I am the winner of the Trotec Speedy 100 Laser ...... THANK YOU VERY MUCH SAWMILL CREEK AND OF COURSE TROTEC
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Congrats Mick! Thought it would be nice with my CaMaster but it'll be nice with your CaMaster too I'm sure!

Blog Entries
    Congrats to all you WINNERS!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Mick A Martin View Post
    All I can say is WOW I am the winner of the Trotec Speedy 100 Laser ...... THANK YOU VERY MUCH SAWMILL CREEK AND OF COURSE TROTEC
    Ah Darn, I was hoping you wouldn't notice and it would get redrawn

Seriously big time congratulations, that is a very sweet machine. Looking forward to a follow up thread once you get it.

Have Some Desert, I love to see you guys and gals smile

In honor of Sawmill Creek’s 10th Anniversary, Grizzly Industrial is offering a 1 week only, 10% discount on all orders of $300 or more to Sawmill Creek members.

Please use discount code SAWMILL10% when placing your order via phone, online or at one of our showroom locations in Bellingham WA, Springfield MO, or Muncy PA.

Offer is valid from Feb. 11, 2013 – Feb. 17, 2013 and cannot be combined with any other offer. Not valid towards purchase of gift certificates.” 1-800-523-4777 www.grizzly.com.”

We are not done, this can be a year long celebration if you want it to be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    We are not done, this can be a year long celebration if you want it to be.
    With Trotec's given away every week?!
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Have Some Desert, I love to see you guys and gals smile

In honor of Sawmill Creek’s 10th Anniversary, Grizzly Industrial is offering a 1 week only, 10% discount on all orders of $300 or more to Sawmill Creek members.

Please use discount code SAWMILL10% when placing your order via phone, online or at one of our showroom locations in Bellingham WA, Springfield MO, or Muncy PA.

Offer is valid from Feb. 11, 2013 – Feb. 17, 2013 and cannot be combined with any other offer. Not valid towards purchase of gift certificates.” 1-800-523-4777 www.grizzly.com.”
    Well, just my luck! I ordered a new G0513X2F last week. Oh well, I still love my new saw!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Something is wrong, my name isn't on the list :-) Congrats

Congratulations to all the Winners! Thanks Keith for all of your work putting this together and Thank You to all of the suppliers who donated very nice prizes.

Congratulations to all the winners and many thanks to Keith, the other SMC staff, and the vendors for putting this all together!