Thread: Bosch 1617EVS and Mortise and Tenon Jigs

Bosch 1617EVS and Mortise and Tenon Jigs

Just got a lightly used(less than 10 hours) Bosch 1617EVSPK for $125.27. Fair price(not gloat worthy) seeing as I need a chip deflector for the fixed base, new sealed on-off switch, wing screw for the plunge base, and 1/4 collet chuck. That will add another ~40.

Besides buying an expensive Leigh M&T jig or other, would a template out of scrap pine made on a scroll saw suffice?

IMAG0773.jpgIMAG0775.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. I have that router though, and it gets a lot of use.

Here is one I made and works very well:

mortice4.JPGp5.JPGmortice5.JPGDSC02135.jpgmortice2.JPG

The 1/4" collet should have been part of the package. That pushes it a lot closer to what new sells for. It's a good router though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    The 1/4" collet should have been part of the package. That pushes it a lot closer to what new sells for. It's a good router though.
    People pay close to retail on Ebay as it is. When I asked the guy about it, he replied "As for the collet, yes, it's just the one shown in the photo. 1/2", I believe. I don't recall if it came with any others. Then again, that was 7 years ago. Since I only use 1/2" bits for the majority of my work, I never noticed if any were missing."

Mrzeza, does your jig also work for tenon's or is it strictly mortises? Looks like it works really well.