Thread: Outfeed table done

Outfeed table done

Just finished up an outfeed table for my cabinet saw. I looked at a lot of options before deciding on this design. I was originally thinking of a hinged top that would extend out further. However, that would have interfered with access to what is now the open shelves. Overall it is just a basic frameless cabinet.

The boxes are pre-finished maple ply, which I like a lot, and legs are poplar. For the edges I used unfinished iron-on maple edgebanding. I didn't like the end result, although it is good enough for the shop. I did some testing making 1/8" strips from some light cherry I had lying around, and will get some maple boards to try that on the next project. This was a practice at building frameless cabinets in preparation for some upcoming projects. To that extent, I learned a lot - don't we always!

Outfeed-1.jpg

Paul

Nice job Paul. I debated about going with storage below my outfeed table when I upgraded my table saw but decided to go with Jim Becker's folding outfeed table to maintain some more floor space. (Thank you Jim for the great design!) In addition, the folding outfeed table prevents me putting stuff on it and makes me put things back where they belong.

I used to take far too much time planning a build. I think that I learn more by building it, using it, and then determining how it could be improved and whether it warrants a redo. The skills used on this project help make my next project better. Planning and reading can only go so far.

Tom

Excellent Paul! When I had such a table I too used the underside for storage - accessible from both sides. The best feature that I discovered was that considering how long the table is (or how wide it is) there was a good space there for storing bar clamps on the bottom shelf. I opened up one end to give me access to that bottom shelf (in your case 2 access holes) and all of a sudden I had an easy reach place for keeping long awkward things like bar clamps or even some too good to throw away lumber and/or my long levels. You will love your Outfeed Table - well worth the effort.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Looks great Paul!
    - Lou

Very nice job Paul.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Nice job......

I finished mine up over the weekend also. I think I may add another coat or two of poly though.

I am going to use mine as outfeed, assembly and glue up.

IMG_0190.jpg

Very nice outfeet table Paul. Another project on my list. The pre finished maple really worked out great.

Sam

Nice outfeed table Paul!

l need to consider building one after I finish the lumber rack and router table.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Paul,

Looks great. Have you considered some sort of knockdown assembly you could put on the back of the outfeed table when you're ripping long stock or sheets of plywood? I like the open shelf storage - convenient to get at either spare blades or bulky items.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Russell View Post
    Paul,

Looks great. Have you considered some sort of knockdown assembly you could put on the back of the outfeed table when you're ripping long stock or sheets of plywood? I like the open shelf storage - convenient to get at either spare blades or bulky items.

Rob
    Thanks Rob, and everyone else for all kind comments. For bigger pieces, I just use a folding Ridgid stand, or two. That's what I used to have to use for nearly everything. It worked, but was a nuisance.

Paul

Nice job. Can you show a picture when you have it next to your saw ? I need mine to serve the same 3 purposes.