Thread: engraveing with 100 mm lens

engraveing with 100 mm lens

Hi everyone I would like to pick your brains on some things you may have experienced with the use of 100 mm lens. I need the depth of field on anodized aluminum parts so if you know anything about any of this I really appreciate your impute!

thanks
    Calvin Thompson
    Montana

Rabbit 80 watt, 1200x900mm
    PhotoGrav and a buch of freeware, inkscape and draftsite mainly

Terrible for fine detail.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Are you trying to mark something inside of a recess? A 100 mm lens (around 4") is not normally used for marking. You might get by with a part number or such if the customer was okay with the quality. Maybe there is some other option. Are you able to show the part?

Sorry yes it is a paint ball gun and I want to be able to do guns to. So it has 2 cylinders and a valley flat between them. I am hoping that the extra depth of field could help

thanks
    Calvin Thompson
    Montana

Rabbit 80 watt, 1200x900mm
    PhotoGrav and a buch of freeware, inkscape and draftsite mainly

I use my 4" often and get fair to very good engraving results depending on the material. Do some testing because results may vary depending on your power, speed, material, original artwork and other variables. All anodized products/colors don't come out with the exact same results. Make sure ALL OF YOUR LENs and MIRRORS ARE CLEAN for best results.
    Show us a pic
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=