Thread: Bandsaw tires

Bandsaw tires

I need to replace the tires on my 14" Delta bandsaw. Is there any difference in tire brands? Should I just look for the best price or is there a significant difference in quality between brands?
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

I only use rubber tires, but you have to crown those tires.

Talk to Louis Iturra. Dave

Get the cheapest orange urethane tires you can find. No difference in the cheaper priced Hartville orange vs the Carter blue. I would go to Hartville - pretty sure they have a woodnet discount.

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product...aw-accessories
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I've gotten mine from Sulphur Grove, on eBay. Their eBay handle is "ohioblademan" (I think).

You can also call them. They have been great to deal with.

Sulphur Grove Tool
    800/657-5064

No personal connection, just a happy customer.

These guys weld them themselves, so they can make any size.

Rubber tires works fine but urethane tires last longer and doesn't need gluing. I got band saw tires with http://www.bandsawparts.com/ultra_bl...hane_tires.cfm .

Blog Entries
    Try Suffolk Machine. Their tires work well and they will get you the correct ones for your saw.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Dundon View Post
    Rubber tires works fine but urethane tires last longer and doesn't need gluing. I got band saw tires with http://www.bandsawparts.com/ultra_bl...hane_tires.cfm .
    I have old woodworking machines. The members of OWWM strongly recommended the rubber tires for the Powermatic 143, so I went with rubber. They do need gluing and it's messy.

I've got a set of Sulphur Groves on my bandsaw. Probably put them on somewhere in the mid nineties. Got a set hanging on the clamp rack to go on other band saw when I get (take) time to put it back together.

10. Being the cheap-skate that I am, I have always used tire inner-tubes. A single 16" bicycle tube can be sliced in half (length-wise) down both sides and cover both wheels. They now make 14" inner-tubes for those who have 14" bandsaws.