Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

28 Jan 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
    The temps here are in the mid-60's this morning but cloudy. Warm enough to not need a fire in the woodstove this morning.
    Met some new friends a few weeks back and the husband is a young man in his 20's that is interested in woodworking and wants me to teach him about woodworking. The other thing is that his wife is also interested in woodworking as she used to help her dad in his shop when she was growing up and always loved helping her dad and missed all the "smells" in the shop of wood and finish. Maybe this is just the thing to get me out of my box and back into woodworking again. It's just not easy any more because of family and work schedules any more, so I need to work through some more things first before I jump into too many things.

The LOML wants to replace our junky old aluminum windows with nice insulated windows to help on our utilities, I know we are getting close to needing to replace our A/C unit and furnace, and to make it even more "fun"....we truly need to replace our carpet with new flooring. I guess it never really ends does it. Now....we don't try and keep up with the "Jonses" but we stretch all we can to make it last longer. I just need to work 3 full time jobs to pay for it all to get us over this hump.

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I had a long weekend. I spent the first two days in bed sick and the last two building a co-sleeper (a type of crib) for my sister who is expecting her first son to arrive in about a month.
    Duc in altum!

KC woodshow was fun. Not much time in the shop, but I got some great ideas. Spent a couple hours last night puttering around and tuning/cleaning some tools. I replaced the velcro on my woodmaster 718 sanding drum, now I'm ready to get back to work with it. Weather is supposed to be nice this week so I might actually get a couple glue-ups done.

Ryan

I got this little end table glued up, top attached with buttons, and the finishing process begun:

Not much. I got the cardboard packaging from the Sawstop to the recycling station, built a new shelf pin drilling jig for 32mm hole spacing, and that's about it in the shop. And about the only other thing I accomplished over the weekend was mounting our new wireless access point in its permanent location. I did take a drive to make a new-to-me black and green acquisition.

We had a new PVR receiver installed on Saturday. On Sunday, installed a cabinet base for the happy couple. Need to make a plastic laminate top, now. They have an old antique mirror that will need the use of my Kreg pocket hole jig. I bought a few years back, will get to use it now. Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    28 Jan 2013

Good Morning Everyone,

we truly need to replace our carpet with new flooring. I guess it never really ends does it.
    .!!!
    Dennis, sounds like a wood working opportunity to me..........LOL............I hear you on the time/money issue..........Rod.

Finished out another room. Crown and base. So much fun when ALL the furniture is still in the room But it's done. Now, on to redoing the bath rooms. Eventually, I'll get back in the shop...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    28 Jan 2013

... The LOML wants to replace our junky old aluminum windows with nice insulated windows to help on our utilities...
    Put the final finish coat on the new aluminum clad exterior, natural pine interior picture window (insulated glass). Measures 10' by 54" including integrated, flanking double hungs. It replaced a 30 year old unit that had some rotting sashes.

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    I got my bandsaw back together (and working ) after 6 months in pieces. Also connected it to my newly installed permanent ducting to the cyclone and made of first test of the ducting.

I spent most of my free time both days moving my shop down to the newly-painted basement shop. I did the move by myself, with my wife helping me lift the head of the drill press off and with getting the heavy 2' x 6' workbench top down the stairs (with vises removed). The shop is still a work in-progress because I'm running off of extension cords so that I can get a better idea of what to do with the layout before any wiring. But, it's nice to finally have my own dedicated shop space instead of sharing it with the garage stuff and constantly shifting things around to be able to work. It's also nice to be able to just go down there and get a little done after work for an hour without freezing.

Two coats of Waterlox on the refurbished chair for the wifey. Got the new antenna pieced together. Need to get out there and solder the wiring together. Storms coming, so won't get to try to mount it for a few days. Burned a lot of dead fall on Saturday since the burn ban was finally lifted. Got a nice piece of 4/4 White Oak to make a replacement table leaf for my parents. Need to get that planed, cut to final dimension, routed, drilled for alignment pins, and finished. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.