Thread: Places for tools in Brussels?

Places for tools in Brussels?

This is a long shot, but anyway. Does anyone know any Neander-friendly stores in Brussels, Belgium? I'm here for a few days and there must be something that isn't a big-box bricolage store, right? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Federico....In Brussels, if we only have a few days, we don't look for tools, we look for Moules (mussels), friets (fried potatoes) and beer. Then, if we can still move, we might look for tools...but I never made it that far.

Brussels is the center of the universe for Art Nouveau woodwork and architecture. Inspiration for using your tools.

http://www.visitbelgium.com/index.ph...uveau-brussels

Ted, indeed! I didn't have moules this time (did on my first), but rather a very good waterzooi. Adequate quantities of beer, frites, chocolate, and waffles were consumed.

Chris - Thanks for the pointer!

(Summary - didn't actually have time to go looking for tools, but I did have a wonderful time while on a conference there.)

I'm going to Brussels in May. My first vacation in a long time. Also my first international trip not for military or work. I've heard the antique shopping is great there, I'm hoping to spend a day hunting for some old tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Baldwin III View Post
    I'm going to Brussels in May. My first vacation in a long time. Also my first international trip not for military or work. I've heard the antique shopping is great there, I'm hoping to spend a day hunting for some old tools.
    Antique shopping indeed seems like it can be great there, but expensive!

I had the chance to stroll by the street market behind Notre Dame du Sablon, on a Saturday. They have stalls with antiques, and a couple of them have tools. I don't think they are into the "selling tools" mindset, more into the "shapely old objects" mindset.

Brussels must be lovely in May - it was uncomfortably cold/windy/rainy last week

This is a French speaking woodworking forum.
    http://www.lesfousdubois.org/forum
    Probably somebody from there could help you. As I noticed, some members are from Brussels too.