Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....PIC

I was in the shop from Thursday evening until Sunday morning building a new workstation for the computers. My wife has been dominating the computer lately and asked for her own. The only place we have room is in the living room, so the old entertainment center and computer desk were set to the curb. I built a Mahogany & Maple workstaion that houses both computers and the TV and stereo at the same time. I wanted the stereo and TV to be in an armoire, but the cash flow wasn't there to building both, so I settled for the desk approach. A matching shelf above will hold my LP's and turntable.

I'll have pics up soon, it looks pretty good for just tossing it together in record time. <STYLE type=text/css><!--td.attachrow { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; }td.attachheader { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; background-color: #D1D7DC; }table.attachtable { font: normal 12px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; border-collapse : collapse; }--></STYLE>

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!

No shop time past weekend, I finished my 4th blanket chest last week and made 4 "Norm Marshall" bi- planes. We went to Ky Fri , seen the hot air Balloon race in Louisville on Sun.visited with relatives and returned home today in time to vote. Plan to turn some pens tommorrow.
    Earl

I had no shop time, but didn't miss it. I was on the Quest, an intensive 6-day retreat for men in Ruidoso, NM. If any of you want to know about it, shoot me a PM. AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gill
    I had no shop time, but didn't miss it. I was on the Quest, an intensive 6-day retreat for men in Ruidoso, NM. If any of you want to know about it, shoot me a PM. AWESOME!
    Ruidoso is my favorite mountain town. I lived 45 minutes from there for 8 years and loved every minute of it. We went camping in the Upper Canyon every year from 1957 til 1971 (when we moved to Alamogordo, NM).

Bet you had fun seeing the sites...that area is gorgeous!

My parents live in San Antonio and visit Ruidoso at least 4 times a year....skiing, golfing...laying around doin' nuthin'..etc. Never been there, but dying to go.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Arky in the Dark!!!!!!!

Hey, let me know about the next one, I didn't know anything about an Arky gathering!!! Didn't know one existed but what a fitting place for it to be right there in the center of the state and then right there with Toad Suck Daze. Conway is a right nice place. My daughter did her associates degree in CBC then the Bachelors at UCA. I've been down there a good deal in recent years past.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly C. Hanna
    Ruidoso is my favorite mountain town. I lived 45 minutes from there for 8 years and loved every minute of it. We went camping in the Upper Canyon every year from 1957 til 1971 (when we moved to Alamogordo, NM).

Bet you had fun seeing the sites...that area is gorgeous!
    Yeah, it was beautiful. And the climate was a pleasant change from Fort Worth. Of course, everyone told me it was cool here while I was gone.

We had snow up high, but it didn't get down into the town. This was my first visit to Ruidoso, and I'll be back. Just don't ask me where we were staying - I wasn't driving, and I can't ever find my way around when I'm a passenger. Get on the bus, get off the bus - you're there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    My weekend had some similarity to Dennis', sans the woodworking. Dr. SWMBO and I threw a "northern" 50th Wedding Anniversary Party for my parents, who celebrated the date on 7 December with a similar event at their home in central Florida.
    Jim, my congratulations to your parents. And to their son. It's getting to be a very rare thing for couples to stay together that long. I'm going to shoot for 75 years, but I'll have to live to 94 to do that.